Everyday carry knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Charlie Mike

Re: Everyday carry knife

Post by Charlie Mike »

Right now... a Darrel Ralph HD Maxx recurve tanto I have modded.

FTWCM (Freeman's Tactical Weapons) custom knives
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Viking45 wrote: Image
Saw that and it reminded me of my boy scout Ulster knife

The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I still have my BSA knife except it has a phillips head screw driver. I also have my blue handled Cub scout model somewhere around here.
bsa 002.JPG
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Cub Scout...
csa 001.JPG
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Ya know folks would freak and call Homeland Security on a scout these days who carried a SCOUT knife :roll:
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

hogwild wrote:Ya know folks would freak and call Homeland Security on a scout these days who carried a SCOUT knife :roll:
So true and so sad, we used to have our scout meetings in the school recreation hall, imagine 24 12 and 13 yr. olds carrying those weapons of mass destruction and then going home and playing with cap guns that actually shot plastic bullets (Mattel fanner 50s) Geez whatever became of those monsters. lolol
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

i still may have one of those out in the shed of "seldom seen "
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

The boy scout knife or the fanner 50? Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

switchman1 wrote:The boy scout knife or the fanner 50? Jim
probably both ? big shed lotsa boxes :D
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Wow,great stuff guys! This is easily my favorite subject.
Charlie Mike- That Darrel Ralph is one wicked looking cutter! :shock:
The cross design on the pivot pin and pocket clip are most excellent!

Whipper and Hoggie,I think that is very cool you guys still have your BS knives,and Whippers Cub Scout is just too much :wink:

Hoggie,your Ulster BS and my Camper looks like they could be from the same batch. Looks like you have a brass bail on yours where mine is steel.

Whipper is the CS knife made by Ulster too? Haa,I guess at that age you can cut and gouge stuff but are not allowed to turn a screw :lol:

But seriously I recall meeting a fellow knife collector a few years ago and like Case collectors and other "specialty" collectors there are groups that specifically collect Scout knives.
Found and extremely interesting tid-bit on Scouts-

The Boy Scout movement swiftly established itself throughout the British Empire soon after the publication of Scouting for Boys. The first recognized overseas unit was chartered in Gibraltar in 1908, followed quickly by a unit in Malta. Canada became the first overseas dominion with a sanctioned Boy Scout program, followed by Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Chile was the first country outside the British dominions to have a recognized Scouting program. The first Scout rally, held in 1909 at The Crystal Palace in London, attracted 10,000 boys and a number of girls. By 1910, Argentina, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Malaya, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and the United States had Boy Scouts.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Whipper is the CS knife made by Ulster too? Haa,I guess at that age you can cut and gouge stuff but are not allowed to turn a screw
I'm having a brain fart, but I think it is an Ulster, but not sure. It took me an hour to find it for the pic, and I have since packed and buried it back away.
Whipper and Hoggie,I think that is very cool you guys still have your BS knives,and Whippers Cub Scout is just too much
Hell, I still have my cubscout and boyscout uniforms... :lol: My Mother mailed me a big box of stuff a few years ago filled with things from when I was a kid. Seems like she kept all the junk, and got rid of anything that might be valuable today...story of my life... :roll:
Knifeguy420

Post by Knifeguy420 »

heres an oldie i grew up with, this knife was given to me when i was about 10 or so by my grandfather, it became an EDC for me for many many of years, when i recieved it the small blade was broken half way so i had a friend grind down the blade so it was gone but other then that i was a great knife, its called a "CAMPER" and had "the ideal" stamped on the tang, this knife meant quite a bit to me so i figured someday if i were to have a son i could not only pass him down the knife that i got when i was a kid but the same one only brand new for him to have and use growing up! it took some searching but i managed to find one randomly on ebay one day, who knows it coulda been fate :shock: haha but i doubt it! but here they both are the newer one has never been sharpened or used, but i did manage to drop a drop of pepsi on it which stained the blade as you can see. enjoi the pics
Attachments
camper1.jpg
camper1.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 9385 times
camper2.jpg
camper2.jpg (9.71 KiB) Viewed 9385 times
' Snitches get stitches '
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Knives like these bring back lots of memories. 8) I hope you get a chance to pass it on down to a son, or daughter Knifeguy420. 8)
Knifeguy420

Post by Knifeguy420 »

whippersnapper wrote:Knives like these bring back lots of memories. 8) I hope you get a chance to pass it on down to a son, or daughter Knifeguy420. 8)
Thanks mr whippersnapper! I hope someday i get to pass em along as well! :D
' Snitches get stitches '
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

i hope to have some to pass down my boy 8)