Everyday carry knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: Everyday carry knife

Post by Tom19176 »

there are a few dealers on Ebay with very good prices for the Kershaw assisted openers. On Bladeforums there is a guy name Kershawguy that sells factory seconds which are great deals with minor scuff marks......
john

Post by john »

Tom19176 wrote:there are a few dealers on Ebay with very good prices for the Kershaw assisted openers. On Bladeforums there is a guy name Kershawguy that sells factory seconds which are great deals with minor scuff marks......
Hi Tom19176,
I'll check out the Bladeforum and kershawguy. I don't mind a minor scuff if I can save some cash.
Thank you, Tom for the lead,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
markIII

Post by markIII »

picked up a spyderco para 2 truly a great edc.
d2eux

Post by d2eux »

my EDC is generally a hissatsu 2 by CRKT. Even though the blade shape is meant for stabbing its still pretty utilitarian
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

d2eux wrote:my EDC is generally a hissatsu 2 by CRKT. Even though the blade shape is meant for stabbing its still pretty utilitarian
I am usually not much of a "Tanto" fan but I really like this knife. The AUS-8 is a nice quality blade steel.
Knifeguy420

Post by Knifeguy420 »

hey yall! heres my EDC. i absolutley love this thing its a boker jim wagner model its got a super sharp blade that holds up to anything, very inexpensive compared to my italians or some others, just great for everyday use for me plus its light as hell and not to bulky, which is nice cause i dont like my knife to take up my whole pocket, if i wasnt carrying this i probably would go with a leverlock seeing ashow they seem to really be built for life! anyway here it is! :D
Attachments
boker2.jpg
boker2.jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 12377 times
boker.jpg
boker.jpg (9.88 KiB) Viewed 12377 times
' Snitches get stitches '
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

I have a bunch of so-called California-legal autos (2-inch blade) that I usually rotate for EDC, but this one seems to be the one I carry lately. It's a Darrel Ralph kit knife, 154 CM steel blade. The scales are hand-jigged bone by Smallfoot, and they've faded to a golden color since these pictures were taken.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

john wrote:Hi Everyone,
Right now I have this in my pocket; it's Ebony 13" Renzo Pascotto only one ever made. ImageImageImage
I should leave in my box, but I like it a lot so I carry it, but I wouldn't use it. My back up is this 13" Siciliano Stiletto:Image
John

Holy Crapa-moly that is an Incredible Renzo----WoW!!!! :o :shock: :D
Belmont800
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

This is actually one of my favorite subjects and I hope this keeps going.
It may take a long time but I am going to try to do an "evolution" of my EDC knives through the years...Barlows,Sod Busters,Westerns etc.
As with many here I have lost a few knives through the years.
I do however still have my first "quality carry" as my very first knife was a two blade Imperial with white plastic scales and it is long gone.
My first "quality" carry knife was an Ulster camp knife that I got in 1968.
My Granddad smoked Prince Albert and inside his tobacco tins was a knife offer and they had a Barlow,Stockman and the Camp knife like mine.
We got one of each,dad got the Barlow,brother got the Stockman and I the Camper.

(click on the pic and right click the next pic and hit "view image" for a large view)

My EDC for many years now has been this Microtech UMS and the reason I have been a fan of MT since. I do not care much for OTF knives,the side-kickers are what I am about.
This MT has seen some serious use,it came with the "stone wash" blade and is dated 2003 but I got the knife in early 2004. It hammers open now like it did the day I got it and the tip is still like a needle.
Anyone that has owned a MT knows they are insanely sharp and hold an incredible edge.
I must admit,I have used many other carries during this MT time but only for the sh*tty cutting chores.
The clip on this MT has caught on our outdoor furniture and bent on two occasions but I bent it back and kept going. It is actually stronger now.
I can't tell you how many pairs of Levi's this knife has left it's faded and worn signature by the front right pocket. 8)
A few things about this knife- It has been abused,I have swam many-a-creek with it in my pocket,cut rope,tarps,tape and whittled few walkin' sticks and when I actually want the blemishes,scrapes and scars to show they don't show in this pic. :roll:
(click on the pic and right click the next pic and hit "view image" for a large view)

I can say one thing- The S30-V steel is nothing short of amazing.
Better yet- The Old Timer Ulster Camper is right next to the modern MT as I type.
As Paul Harvey said....Good Day.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

i change it up with the mood i`m in 8) but typically a leverlock folder or a fixed blade dagger , or both..., if i`m dressed up a nice .....maybe a swing or stiletto
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Cold Steel - Made for for Hoffritz -- called the ReadyEdge today -- a hard-core little guy :D
Belmont800
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I carry a crappy old Winchester knife, somtimes I'll opt for the stiletto (though only with certain jeans (as NC law says no concealed autos) because I have to put it in the watch pocket (or what ever that little minipocket it called) with the bolsters showing).

Everyone in awhile I'll carry my Scarab clone (still a VERY nice clone (easily worth the $100 I've put into it (in custom parts, re-emamling))), as long as the pocket clip is visible then it's legal. (also, kind of makes me feel like a bad-ass when I've got it (though I dont carry specifically for that reason))
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
StevieWunders

Post by StevieWunders »

Most of my life, I worked with my knife on a daily basis. I primarily relied on the original(440C-not 420 butter knife) Buck 110. I carried it and worked it for 40 years and it still has a usable blade. Sometimes I gave it a rest and toted an old Case Sodbuster liner-lock. Both tough-as-nails and seemed to ignore abuse. I lost the Case one year somewhere in the yard and two years later my wife mowed it up with the John Deere-shot it through the metal wall of the barn. I picked it up, tapped the dirt out, inspected the barely-noticeable ding in one scale and put it back in my pocket. No harm done. I own a footlocker full of manual knives and a growing assortment of autos, but these two are the only ones I would care to bet my life on. As an added plus, I probably won't get arrested for carrying either one-at least in GA. So far. (Sorry if that was a little off-center for this thread, but knives like those deserve their due IMO.) I'll carry one of these anywhere and it looks like they're gonna outlive me.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

The case Sod Buster is a great knife,I carried a yellow handled one for years.
Like to have a German Eye Brand sod buster with a carbon steel blade.

(funny thing,I actually used it to cut sod one summer)
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I daily carry a ringed razel by Graham knives....they are amazing. Once i got one i carry one now 90% of the time. Feel good in hand the chisel comes is handy countless time.

Started out with 1 knife, now i have like 3 ringed and a couple non ringed variety.