Everyday carry knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

Re: Everyday carry knife

Post by TRYKER »

jim, i think the chances of john being stopped by a cop are nill, unless he tied the windsor knot on his tie wrong. :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

You may be right Tryker but all it would take is one car accident and he would be screwed. Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

switchman, you are 100% correct! I am a former NY Officer and I can tell you that there are many times when a weapon/drugs or other contraband are discovered during an otherwise un related incident. I keep Fl and NH in my sights as a state to move too when I retire from what I do now as I pefer their laws on many things.....I have seen many people end up getting a serious charge brought against them for a stupid knife/weapon law, so adjust your EDC accordingly.....
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Maybe John never leaves the house, or he is a big wig Senator, or cop who doesn't have to follow the laws of the little people....Or he may just be a big time outlaw that don't give a chit. :wink: Either way, I'm sure he is capable of making his own decisions, and well aware of the laws and possible repercussions.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

OUCH!
Sounds like 'somebody' got upness onna wrong side of the bed this morning... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
john

Post by john »

OK, you convinced me to leave my switches at home. Here's today's EDC Image
it's a 15" ham slicer with a 10" blade.
All kidding aside here it is until I can find a nice spring assist. ImageAny suggestions would be welcome.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

John, may I suggest the Kershaw Blackout or the Leek, I carried the Blackout while I worked on the "T" as an electrician and it served me well, when I retired I swapped to the Leek and it was my edc til I moved to switchbladeland in 2008. Jim
john

Post by john »

switchman1 wrote:John, may I suggest the Kershaw Blackout or the Leek, I carried the Blackout while I worked on the "T" as an electrician and it served me well, when I retired I swapped to the Leek and it was my edc til I moved to switchbladeland in 2008. Jim
Hi Jim
I'll check it out.
Thank you for the suggestion,
John
John

switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

And Whippersnapper, I don't know what side of the bed you got off of this morn, but I was trying to point out to a fairly new member that although some of the gun and knife shows readily sell autos in Massachusetts and SOME cops are decent enough fellas, all it takes is one overzealous Barney Fife type to ruin your life forever with a felony carry conviction for carrying a knife that opens with a spring. Jim
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sorry, I didn't think I was sounding grumpy (I did use the wink smilie). And I wasn't intending to knock any ones advice. :lol: I do agree with both Jim and Tom to be darn careful.
john

Post by john »

Hello Gentlemen,
I want to let you all know that I am genuinely surprised by the goodwill. What I'm trying to say is that you guys care enough about me and I'm sure the other forum members to advise me not to carry a switch in MA: where everything is illegal. I've taken your suggestions and opinions seriously and since changed my EDC to something less illegal. In MA any blade over 2.5" is outlawed. We really need to change the way people view knives across the country. I wish more states or a federal law could be enacted like the ones in NH and FL. I contacted Knife Rights web: http://www.kniferights.org and asked what they and I could do about changing the laws in MA; here's the reply:
John,

Thank you for your interest. In an effort to turn back over 50 years of bad knife laws and given limited resources, we are concentrating on states and issues where we have the greatest chance of success and can accomplish that with the limited resources available. As we achieve successes and grow our resources we will be able to tackle the more difficult states. Unfortunately for you, Massachusetts is way down our list due to the general unfriendliness of the legislature to such legislation. We certainly hope to get to Massachusetts someday, but unless something significantly changes in the legislature or we are able to generate significant resources in the state to attempt what would likely require a multi-year effort, it will have to wait.

I have copied our Director of Legislative Affairs on this email and Todd may have some suggestions for starting up some efforts in your state towards those ends. In every state, it all starts with someone willing to help make things happen.

Probably not the answer you wanted, but hopefully our strategy makes sense and answers your question.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
TalkBlade.Info really is, "The web's most friendly community on knives and blades" because of people like you.
Thank you for your advice, opinions, suggestions and caring, sincerely
John
John

switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

You're more than welcome John.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

he is certainly right about mass. and i'm sure it is way down at the bottom of the list. one way to proceed in mass is to first, make it legal for collectors. i think this would be some what easyer, then go from there to full legalization. just my opinion
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

switchman1 wrote:John, may I suggest the Kershaw Blackout or the Leek, I carried the Blackout while I worked on the "T" as an electrician and it served me well, when I retired I swapped to the Leek and it was my edc til I moved to switchbladeland in 2008. Jim
I love my Kershaws onions. Have a couple of leeks and also the smaller chive, and when I'm out one of those is usually what's in my pocket. Sometimes you can find them on Amazon for great prices with free shipping.
john

Post by john »

Furcs wrote:
I love my Kershaws onions. Have a couple of leeks and also the smaller chive, and when I'm out one of those is usually what's in my pocket. Sometimes you can find them on Amazon for great prices with free shipping.
Hello Furcs,
I just googled the Leek, Chive, Onion and Blackout. They look great :!: and they're very reasonably priced. Now, the hard part is deciding which one I want; they're wicked cool :!:
Thank you Furcs and Jim for your suggestions,
John
John