Everyday carry knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Re: Everyday carry knife

Post by tr4252 »

I carry 2 EDC's; a Swiss Army Classic (think it's the smallest one they make) for trimming finger nails, and a BIC pen, for poking potential assailants in the eye.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

tr4252 wrote:I carry 2 EDC's; a Swiss Army Classic (think it's the smallest one they make) for trimming finger nails, and a BIC pen, for poking potential assailants in the eye.

Tom

''the pen is mightyer than the sword''
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

I carry an over-sized Mont Blanc. :)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

For the last few years it has been this old Benchmade mini reflex, or the stag 7 inch AB leverlock.
anygma85

Post by anygma85 »

TRYKER wrote:
tr4252 wrote:I carry 2 EDC's; a Swiss Army Classic (think it's the smallest one they make) for trimming finger nails, and a BIC pen, for poking potential assailants in the eye.

Tom
''the pen is mightyer than the sword''
I agreed to that.

back to the topic.

i always carry my Swiss army knife. Coz I'm in to carving.
Character may almost be called the most effective means of persuasion.
cold steel knives
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

When I lived in Massachusetts (59 yrs) due to their foolish knife laws, I carried a Swiss Army knife, the last 6 or 8 yrs. I lived there I carried a Kershaw Blackout, when I retired I switched to a Kershaw Leek, now that I'm living in Florida where the laws are relaxed as far as knives go, I carry a converted Case Copperlock with red jigged bone scales, done by TANK. I love this knife!
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I carry a simple locking folder. No idea of the manufacture, but it cost me $12 at the flea market 4 years ago, and was definitely worth it. I've had to resharpen it twice in it's lifetime. It's legal in NC, a work oriented knife, and I can open it as fast as an auto if need be.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Mine changes almost every day. Today was this Opinel No. 8 that I have been playing with. I reshaped the blade and handle, added an EZ Open notch and a sideways lanyard.

catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

That looks nice Turbo Dog except it looks almost like the blade would cut your lanyard. Obviously it doesn't or you wouldn't have made it like that.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Changing the blade shape took enough of of the length of the blade that it doesn't touch the lanyard. But it is close.
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

I've been carrying a Sodbuster I rescaled with Koa for awhile man they are sharp. I also like to switch between two smaller vintage Bonsa leverlocks and an Old Timer multiblade that was broken that I tuned into a singleblade.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I have carried a Microtech UMS since 2004,but have carried lots in between.
Gerber Gator (large) great EDC but a bit fat and the rubber grip is sometimes hard to dig out of the pocket.
Carried a Fox (Italy) with a "Walker" style lock and blue anodized handles for several years before the MT UMS. The Fox had a real thick blade of 440A and held a better than average edge.
I don't carry them but have a few Chinese beaters in tool box for those "don't give a crap" dirty cutting jobs.

As for the Case Sod Buster I have one with the yellow handle I have carried off and on for well over 20 years and it is one cutting son-of-a-gun.
A perfect "user" EDC in my opinion.

I like the Opinel Turbo Dog 8)
And I dig Whipper's BM and the AB lever,cool stag too.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I carried a Gerber Remix for awhile. Till I lost it.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My Opinel shows signs of gentle use :wink:
panner

Post by panner »

My two EDC are top a Boker Kalashnikov with a wharncliff blade a very reliable knife,bottom one is a CRKT spring assisted the Natural 2 built like a tank and fires as fast as any auto i have.
Attachments
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (27.66 KiB) Viewed 9737 times
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.