Birthday Present

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chrisadamley

Birthday Present

Post by Chrisadamley »

Well...Monday is by 21st birthday. And my parents decided to buy me a knife. Though they want me to pick one out, so they dont screw it up and get something i dont like :)

There thinkin about the 200 dollar range (though im looking about 200-300...just because i will add 100 to it if neccesary).

So..ive been looking through some knives and would like your guys opinion on them. Or any info on the maker, past experiences, etc.

First knife i am thinking about is this.

http://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/pr ... cts_id=353

Any thoughts?...anyone heard of this maker before?

I really like this one...found it on ebay. scroll down to see pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-FOLDING-KNIF ... 286.c0.m14

Can anyone tell the maker on this knife?...it doesnt say who made it in the listing...So it makes me hesitant to make a bid. also makes me wonder about the quality of the knife if they wont list a maker. Any thoughts?
Oh, one more i just found.

http://laramieknifeworks.com/

I really like alot of the knives he has...and man is it affordable. Im surprised because other knives that appear to be the same quality can be so much more. Anyone ever order from laramie before?...looks like some nice custom pieces in there.
Second knife i found.
Also...if you guys have any ideas for a folding knife in the 200-300 dollar range that would be great!...I kind of want at least a semi-custom knife. I know customs go for ALOT more then 200...but there seems to be some pretty nice semi-custom folding knives in the price range im looking for. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Knife Crazied

Re: Birthday Present

Post by Knife Crazied »

I'm also 21! They all look nice! :wink:
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

well...actually i decided im definitely NOT ordering from that laramie site.

I found TWO other sites...for a total of 3 sites of this guy. Also...to order a knife..he just has a link to paypal and to pay him without even telling him what knife you want. Seems really shady.

I think im just gonna go with a nice custom Protech :)

I found a Blue Brend auto with mammoth ivory scales for a decent price....but cant for the life of me find it now!...should have bookmarked!!!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I am a huge fan of the Walter Brend knives. Anything he makes is fantastic.
Do a Google search for Mammoth Tooth Brend and see what comes up.

Happy Birthday :!:
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Viking45 wrote:I am a huge fan of the Walter Brend knives. Anything he makes is fantastic.
Do a Google search for Mammoth Tooth Brend and see what comes up.

Happy Birthday :!:
Thanks Viking!...I have the knife ordered and i will post pictures of it when it arrives :)