puma#563 medica

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
boden

puma#563 medica

Post by boden »

just in case anybody else is thinking about bidding/ buying one of these from the ones recently showing up on blade auction for 95.00 reserve price met and thinking your getting one of the older knives with serial# their not! you can buy them for 69.00 at http://pumaknives.com/. i didnt, bought to quick thinking i was getting a 230.00 knife at a hell of a deal. one born every minute huh? :oops:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Thanks for the info boden. You more then likely saved someone here a couple of bucks.
PB
boden

Post by boden »

i just begrudgingly paid a total of 105.01 for my puma. o well what the hell ive spent more, much more than that on a good night out and dont remember much of what happened. one day money may not be worth anything but a good knife, gun and ammo will always have worth. see how easy it is to justify paying too much to yourself.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

boden,

Excellent rationalization, I'll use it often!

Jim
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i think that way of looking at things could keep me out of the "dog house" in certain instances as well :wink: thanks mr boden!
boden

Post by boden »

got the puma medica in today, not worth what i paid for it but it is really a nice little knife, beautiful stag,really tight . does anybody know what the 103/rc means on the blade?? rockwell hardness is measured in several methods but i thought 60 was tops on knife blades without being too brittle??
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I found the same site earlier today [looking for the price on a Medici].
The rc number leaves me very confused, I thought it ended in the upper 60s for anything, but that may be just how far my charts go. I'll check at work Monday [where my charts are].
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Thanks for the info Mr. Boden... And i believe there is an old saying that goes something like this...
"Let he who hath not overpaid for a knife cast the first stone."
You buy enough knives, your going to overpay sooner or later.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.