beware of BRITISHBLADES.COM forum.

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

Re: beware of BRITISHBLADES.COM forum.

Post by tanto »

warren2009 wrote: aside from that,i just took another look at BB forum and ive decided every single member on that forum is a first class arsehole!
Hey... I am a member of BB too - but I 100% agree with you! :lol:
---------------

My knives + watches
Supa

Post by Supa »

Well, as a member of BB under this same name I felt I have to speak up. Quite simply, stop being such a whiny little bitchES. You got banned, suck it up and move on rather than put down a site which has helped me out alot in the past and has pretty decent admins.

On, and 'warren2009', in reply to your 'all BB'er are arseholes' comment, I think you should pause and take time to consider the source of that rather idiotic sweeping statment. And please refrain from any sudden outburst's in the future, they tend to make you look like an arsehole.

Now, I wonder how long this post remains up and how long i remain a member of this site. Especialy considering there are forum moderators, who rather than being level headed and civil, will openly insult other forums in what is simply a childish outburst.

And if you feel anything I've said is wrong or unjust, please don't whine like a bitch but rather form a coherent counter argument. Punctuation if preffered.

Supa
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Despite my normal inclination to lock this as an "imported fight", I decided to comment myself and ALLOW the continued exposure of BB as dedicated to "politically correct". [and idiots] Their childish replies "speak for themselves".
Perhaps the lack of OUR Constitutional right to FREE SPEECH - FORCES them to this behavior :idea:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Supa,

I think you just confirmed Mr. Warren2009's assertion quite nicely...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Milu

Post by Milu »

Mr Supa,

British Blades is free to run it's site and moderate its members as it wishes. We are also free to do the same and free to speak and comment on the behaviour and actions of others.

As you have taken the initiative to join and comment on this matter perhaps you would care to defend the actions of your member and your support of your member by your Politically Correct forum rather than commenting negatively on this forum and its moderators.

I would have thought your interests would have been better served by campaigning against the ridiculous knife laws in the UK rather than arselicking your masters. Or perhaps you support the knife laws?

In some ways this is an imported quarrel so the thread should perhaps be locked. However, I think Mr Supa deserves the opportunity to defend his position and his forum for the record.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Supa

Post by Supa »

I'm just marveling at the sheer audacity to camplain of my 'negative comments' of the forum moderators here especialy considering some of the past comments posted. Irony eh?.

Now, the thing that really annoys me is not the whole PC argument but rather the way it was put across. Reminds me of playground bickering behind the other kids backs, but no matter. I think your replies have spoken for yourselves and I'm just going to assume that this thread will be locked after a few more 'insulting comments' directed at me by the oh so fair and just forum moderators.

Milu, i am to assume that you yourself are American? Forgive me if I am wrong but to be frank, what the fuck have UK Knife Laws and Setion 139 got to do with you?

The UK is a very different place to American and we dont feel the need to parade around with Cold Steels biggest machete strapped to our belt andf half a dozen auto's in our pockets, it's just a different culture and out laws reflect that.

Change to our knife laws are almost impossible in light of the recent peak in knife crime and any one with half a brain cell has resigned to that fact.

Milu, feel free to ban this account and lock this thread if you feel you need to, although please take a moment to realise the irony if you do, especialy after your 'free speech' comment.

Then again, I could just be a Xenophobic little Brit and assume that as a american you don't understand irony. But I atleast hope you do.

Happy New Year, Supa.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Whether this is an "imported fight" or not, is moot :idea:
It appears we have an "imported fighter" :lol:
I could LOCK this thread RIGHT NOW, and am considering it :idea:
But since our "importee" feels qualified to make "blanket assumptuions" about our members [who are truely international] and cast aspertions on esteemed members, I'll let others comment and probably, rend the interloper, to shreds :lol:

I have made NO assumptions about the nationality of one of our members, I only know that he HAS resided in the UK and currently resides in the EU. [ any written communications from him were postmarked Italia ] That certainly is more international than I shall ever be :idea:
Supa

Post by Supa »

Supa has just found out that when a MOD is attacted by an insurgent he suffers :!:
His senseless attack on Milu "torqued me off" [BAD IDEA] :idea: I TRIED to "talk some sense" into him. But failed :wink:
But it appears his ONLY interest in knives is in ones "approved by higher powers" and in typical Brit logic, that is ANYONE in government :idea:
His refusal to back-down and stop critisizing the forum in general, and specifically KNIVES, insures he will be edited :idea:
This IS a KNIFE FORUM not a government forum :!: :!: :!:
A fact lost on him :(
AND, you can guess who just edited him :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Supa,

Watching and talking about the trends in knife law around the world is a very big deal. Granted we are in the US, but laws and trends spread. Politicians over here might see that it worked great over there and then get some funny ideas. And i do believe that many of us are just shocked at how you can be "ok" with what your gov. has done to your right to knives. Not putting you down for not being able to stop the law (cause we all know govs do what they want regardless sometimes) but more so that you just seem fine with it.

I also find it curious that you mentioned "knife crime" has risen recently so there are no chances of getting the laws changed. So, if i have this straight, even with all the strict laws over there, knife crime is STILL going up?...What does that tell you supa? To me, that means the laws ARENT working. With so many strict laws and the crime they are supposed to prevent is still rising? something is fishy there.
Supa

Post by Supa »

This could easily evolve into a discussion about knife laws but i think I'd much rather create a seperate thread to explain the UK knife laws, my interpretation of them and views and the geopolitical ramifications.

Supa
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

HANDGUN crime has skyrocketed SINCE they outlawed hadguns, so [obviously] they must outlaw them more [more outlaw them] :? :?: :?: :?: :?:
The MORE knives they outlaw the HIGHER the crime rate goes :!:
You are now 6 times more likely to be mugged in "Merry Olde" than in CENTRAL PARK :!: :!: :!: :!:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Supa wrote:This could easily evolve into a discussion about knife laws but i think I'd much rather create a seperate thread to explain the UK knife laws, my interpretation of them and views and the geopolitical ramifications.

Supa
Evolve or devolve that is the question :idea:
But, general discussion [right here] is as good a place as any :idea:
Bring it on :wink:
Milu

Post by Milu »

Supa wrote: Milu, i am to assume that you yourself are American? Forgive me if I am wrong but to be frank, what the fuck have UK Knife Laws and Setion 139 got to do with you?
Beyond being a warning of what can happen. Nothing at all. I left the UK in disgust years ago.

Supa wrote: The UK is a very different place to American and we dont feel the need to parade around with Cold Steels biggest machete strapped to our belt andf half a dozen auto's in our pockets, it's just a different culture and out laws reflect that.
The problem is not that you don't feel the need, or that you don't need to. The problem is you are not able to and seem proud of the fact and happy about it.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Supa wrote:This could easily evolve into a discussion about knife laws but i think I'd much rather create a seperate thread to explain the UK knife laws, my interpretation of them and views and the geopolitical ramifications.

Supa
I'm not sure I would find your interpretation of UK knife laws to be of great use as we in the US of A tend to be more confrontational with asinine laws than to our transatlantic cousins who in this instance seem very inclined to roll over. Moreover, given the tenor of your previous writings, I am reluctant to give much weight to your musings considering "geopolitical ramifications". How pompous.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

natcherly wrote: Moreover, given the tenor of your previous writings, I am reluctant to give much weight to your musings considering "geopolitical ramifications". How pompous.
Mr. Natch,

EXACTLY the same thought I had when I read that mindless drivel!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?