latama folder?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

latama folder?

Post by mrbigg »

well, i just couldn't help myself, i picked up yet another knife this morning, and i'd like some advice from the latama experts in the house...

the knide is 3 1/4" long closed, has blonde horn scales and a bail, is old, but not auto, and says - latama made in italy - on the single blade....

does anyone know if this is made by the same folks who make the beautiful picklocks?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bigg
Time has eluded me and I mean't to answer you before. I would say yes it is. I have seen numerous pocket knives of the gentlemens catagory and also Carving Sets bearing that name on E-Bay. I am not sure when Latama completley stopped or got out of that end of the business but some don't go back to the 50's thats for sure. A little trivia for you that Red told me years ago Latama is short for Latin America. If this really interests you and want to learn more then you know where to post the question.
PB
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

thanks mr PB!

i haven't got it yet, but i'll post some pics when i do - i liked it imediatly because of the blonde horn....plus, i can't afford a latama pick.... :wink:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bigg
I have been meaning to ask you this since you changed your avatar. It looks like a mexican or aztec type of skull or mask but why is the freaking thing the size of a pinhead? I hope its not your halloween mask in that case I didn't mean to offend you pinhead :P
PB
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

is this your way of showing your jelousy? remember dynamite comes in small packages :twisted: