wandy

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

Post by missaman »

hey guys picked up the gun today i did not have the cash in hand to get it last night.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
of course i intend to run right down to my local l.e.a. and let them know i have it :roll:
gun is a five shot revolver stamped as follows
model r73
.32 h&r mag.
mep co. inc gardner ma.
any info would be appreciated.
i'll email mr 666 a pic
welcome to the club mr 666 :P :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The .32 H&R magnum was dveloped by H&R [in the 80s I think]. It is basically a "stretched" .32 S&W long. This is a very nice round that actually has more power [and a much flatter trajectory] than some .38 special loads. You can also shoot .32 S&W longs and .32 S&Ws from this gun. .32 ACP rounds sometimes will work but mis-fires are common due to slightly different headspace specs. Federal is I believe the only one to load this round and they have two loads; a jacketed hollow-point and a lead semi-wadcutter, the hollow points have a reputation for being more accurate [unusual since lead semi-wadcutters are usually very accurate].
Testing in my own gun confirms the hollow points as being quite a bit more accuarate, but always try both in your gun since you could own an exception to the rule. [The shallow rifling may be the reason jacketed rounds shoot better so if you cast your own try a very hard cast alloy]. The gun has little collector value but is a nice "shooter" and I think the round deserves more attention then it gets. It may not be a very hot for a center-fire but it is a big step up from any rim-fire cartridge. For defense it's "better than nothing" but not ideal, for hunting limit it to under a hundred pounds [many say under 50 but I give it more credit]. For plinking it's a blast and hits much harder than any of the .22s, enjoy.
missaman

Post by missaman »

thank you mr vagrant. i purchased from a friends sisters estate. wanted another that the peoples republic did't know about. for home defence i like my colt 1911 or my remington 1100 12 guage. isthe .32 mag ammo readly available?
missaman

Post by missaman »

666 wrote:I also liked that cute pull-ball, the cool flylock, those under priced Schrade Bone and Norman Sword, that great Scottish Terrier Letter opener..and who can forget that Hubertus auto with such a low bid..... :shock:
mr 666... you forgot the flamingo leter opener :P :P :twisted:

H&R 504

Post by 666 »

Hi Missaman...I received your e-mail. From the picture and description I believe you have an H&R model 504. 3" barrel, 5 shot cyl, round butt grip. In very good to mint condition they may go from $75 to $200. I am not sure about the "Mep Co Inc." My knowledge of H&R is very limited. H&R stands for "Harrington & Richardson", they were in business from 1871 to 1986. If you want to use this handgun for self defence, I would recommend only one round for this weapon to be affective. Get yourself some "Mag-Safe" ammo. I found a link where you can get some. I would recommend that you have this handgun checked by a good gun-smith before using it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewIt ... m=10075320
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
missaman

Post by missaman »

thanks i paid 100.00 it is in very good condition. do you have a letter opener like mine??? the candystripe is mint as well
missaman
thanks for the info

Post by 666 »

Hi ...The candy-stripe looks great. I don't collect these types of knives and it's actually a good thing I don't...It's hard enough trying to collect the kinds I have now. For me to get involved with these would put me out in the street. Yes, your safe from my hard-hitting CC's, but as for the others......I'll be lurking in the shadows ready to strike...... :twisted:
missaman

Post by missaman »

bill who lives next door is a computer whiz. i am now using cable and not paying for it i'm using his cable link via a radio signal form his computer to my computer this is cool!!!!
NO MORE DIAL UP FOR MISSAMAN :D :D
missaman

Post by missaman »

666 wrote:By the way Mr. Missaman...I am now the proud owner of a vintage Wandy. Maybe now we can start a "Wandy" fan club.... :P
i'm only guessing but is it the old broken one that was on b.a. :P :P

Post by 666 »

The one on BA was not in bad shape. The main problem was the scales. I have a good friend who's a master at fixing and building these kinds of knives. I paid $116 for the knife..I believe my friend stated it would cost about $75 to bring this knife to near mint. So for about $191.00 dollars, I'll have a perfect Wandy for less than what you paid for your's. Not a bad deal....... 8) As for you new cable hook-up..once you have it, you'll never go back. I downloaded a program last week that was about 30 megs. It took about 2 1/2 min to down-load. It's great. :shock:

PS...I can do that..naaa naaa :lol:
Last edited by 666 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

666 wrote:The one on BA was not in bad shape. The main problem was the scales. I have a good friend who's a master at fixing and building these kinds of knives. I paid $116 for the knife..I believe my friend stated it would cost about $75 to bring this knife to near mint. So for about $191.00 dollars, I'll have a perfect Wandy for less than what you paid for your's. Not a bad deal....... 8)
you forgot to add "naaa naaa" on the end of that :lol:
missaman

Post by missaman »

you forget i have your latama at my house :shock: i used it today to clean my toe nails, scrape my cars battery terminals and castrate a pig but then again i know you don't care abot that :P naaa naaa
missaman
missaman

Post by missaman »

666 wrote:The one on BA was not in bad shape. The main problem was the scales. I have a good friend who's a master at fixing and building these kinds of knives. I paid $116 for the knife..I believe my friend stated it would cost about $75 to bring this knife to near mint. So for about $191.00 dollars, I'll have a perfect Wandy for less than what you paid for your's. Not a bad deal....... 8) As for you new cable hook-up..once you have it, you'll never go back. I downloaded a program last week that was about 30 megs. It took about 2 1/2 min to down-load. It's great. :shock:

PS...I can do that..naaa naaa :lol:
ah a non original wandy unlike mine :P you can have a second chance on ba soon
missaman
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

missaman wrote:you forget i have your latama at my house :shock: i used it today to clean my toe nails, scrape my cars battery terminals and castrate a pig but then again i know you don't care abot that :P naaa naaa
missaman
DOH

Post by 666 »

Naaa...The 9" Latama is resting nicely in the safe, while the 8" is on it's way to becoming re-born. When done, pics will be posted. And how can you be sure that your's was not touched? :P

Mr. Bigg:

Don't mind Missalman, he's quite mad.... :shock: