Knife Show???

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Knife Show???

Post by 666 »

Has anyone heard of a knife show in Stamford CT June 21st??? If so, I'll finally have one close enough to go to. :shock:
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

666, if you haul ass right now you can make it to Blade in Atlanta by tommorow morning.

Post by 666 »

Atlanta is a bit far for me right now...but it does sound good. Stamford is only about an hour and a half drive from where I live.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

There is a weekend show in CT sponsored by the NCCA (Northeast cutlery collectors assoc) Of which I have been a member for the past 20 years or so. See I think of dues like bills and avoid them. Its a good regional club and June is always the whole weekend the rest of the year they split between day shows in Mass and CT alternating. The June show is big. The problem is Atlanta. During the year the most familiar faces of custom guys are Paul Jarvis, Jim Siska, Norm Bardsley, J.D.Smith, John Kubaski, Howard Hitchmough, Jot Kalsa, and a slew of others I'm forgetting. Their are switches even though Mass and Ct are not switch friendly but for the most part they are customs,and Factorys like MT and BM and shit loads of clones. There are also the knives we like and with some discreet looking can be found those who deal in them tend to not rent tables. Did I mention a shitload of clones? Anyway great club I think its still $15 for the year which gets you into all the shows and a quarterly newsletter and a chance to be a member of a knife club which you thought only existed when you were 10 yrs old :lol: I go to all the Mass shows but Ct is a longer ride .The mass show is about 45min from my house while Ct is close to 4 hours. Also a bunch of guys from Bladeforums come and we all have a great time. If you have never been then it's like getting your first tatoo all you do is keep looking and looking and looking until finally you find the one you want get it then start looking all over again. Plus the best deals don't come from the tables but from the BF guys selling so they can get something else. Like a fool I passed up a Damascus anodized pearl custom Elishewitz for $235 and to this day I bend over every night before bed and have my wife boot my ass. If you live near it by all means go. Just like the old saying"A kid in a candy store"
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

NO autos allowed in the peoples republic. i don't bother going. dealers won't even discus them. afraid i'm dea atf cia fbi nsa etc. :cry:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Missaman you talking about N.E or Atlanta? Because the NCCA shows have plenty of autos some displayed some not but everyone knows each other. If you are having that kind of trouble then maybe you should look in the mirror. Maybe you look like some kind of agent of doom for the goverment or something. I admit its not as loose as it was 5 yrs ago but it's never been a problem for me. Better yet why don't you pay your dues and get the black mark off your name :wink:
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

no mr. p.b. live in the northeast u.s. i've been to several "shows" but to no avail. left cards saying "as two private citizens" etc.. as for the appearance you may be right the crew cut may be to much :lol:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. PushButton,

Connecticut is a long ride from MA? Shit! We go through counties out here like you Northern boy's go through states! Get on that bad motor scooter and ride!

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
missaman

Post by missaman »

mr p.b. can i have all of your private info???? i won't share i PROMISE :shock:
missaman
after all i left stuff to you in my will
missaman

Post by missaman »

too late i've already got it thanks you guys at the nsa
missaman :shock:
missaman

Post by missaman »

you really should not do that with the windows open mr p.b. :oops:

Post by 666 »

PB...Thanks for all the info. CT here I come.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bonz
At the moment I am scooterless and I hate driving long in a car I find it tedious and boring. It seems close but its close to 2 hrs to springfield on the pike then maybe another hour hour and a half down into Ct. Plus the most important aspect of the whole trip is due to unforseen bills like tuition, and a contractor I am but a shell of a man in the riches dept. Why torture myself after a long ride with nothing to show for it.
PB

Missaman at the moment I am looking out my window with night vision goggles on and a Steyr with a Bausch & loam specilty scope and I just need you to make a slight move 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

NO autos allowed in the peoples republic.
I remind visitors to the flea market that autos are a FELONY in the peoples republic [Mass.], even having one at home is a felony if my sources are correct.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

That could well be Al but one never knows what one might find behind closed doors all over Mass. I'm sure there are plenty of people in Mass that do illegal things daily from smoking weed to having an old firearm laying around the house that they forgot to reg. It's really like any other state. What is illegal in one state is perfectly acceptable in another state. The whole trick is don't get caught. And the easiest way to accomplish that is never flash,brag or have a big mouth when drinking and that way no one is the wiser. Mass maybe bad for weapons but unlike some southern states they don't put you in jail for two consenting adults having certain kinds of sex that was made illegal back in the 1800's and is still on the books as a felony. So all in all each state of the union has its pluss'es and minus'es. Me I just don't worry or even think about it. I'm in my 50's and any knife forum you go to the ones who are always worried about getting caught with a switch are the younger crowd. I don't know why because if they are minding there own business and avoiding certain trouble areas and not flicking there knife in bars and malls showing everyone how kool it is then who's to know what is in ones pocket or home. Just because certain things are illegal doesn't mean you have to stay away from them. If that were the case we would have a whole country without any crime and drugs whatsoever. The key to it all is behavior. Act normal and you are normal to those around you. Act crazy then just hang a sign around your neck saying "I'm Trouble". Other then Sonny Barger I do not know one person in my entire life that got arrested for a switchblade unless they were doing something else illegal at the time and it turned up in their pocket from a search. Be cool don't play the fool and you will never go to reform school.
PB