antique auto advice needed!

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

antique auto advice needed!

Post by mrbigg »

does anyone have a rough idea what a walden cut co. double auto in somewhat rough shape should be worth? i know we have some serious vintage experts here, and i need some advice regarding an offer to purchase one that has been made to me. one blade is nearly sharpened in half, and aparently there is a small m.o.p. inlay missing!?!

if you want to see pics, please PM me - i only have 22 hours left to make my decision...aaarrrggghhhh...... :?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bigg
How big? small pen knife size with a blade at each end? One blade worked on so much its half of what it was? MOP with a missing piece? Am I right so far? Do both blades open decently or crawl about half out? If it needs alot of work then that has to be taken into consideration of the asking price even if you do the work. I would have to see a pic of its overall condition. A good barometer for these types of knves is ebay. I'm going to say if I have described it accurtley (Knowing me I'm sure I have the whole thing mixed up you know that AADD) $75 to $115 and that really depends. If you found a hard core Walden collector who knows. But a small knife like that isn't cheap to restore.
PB
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

mr PB - please check your e-mail (not pm) - thanks!
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

mr PB did you get it yet? i may have sent it to your old address as well...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yeah check your mail