wicked cold steel.....

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

well, i'm not sure how to comment on that mr bonz, but i assure you i diddn;t buy it for it's serrations. actually i'd prefer it without, but alas it's not available that way.

mr PB, i wouldn't have that foofy, namby-pamby "french" bread in my house....nothin but good old fashioned "canadian" bread.....the kind our parents had to walk six miles through the blowing snow to get, the kind of bread thats "really" bread....
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

Mr. Bigg, I see the difference now. I like that filework, gives a good grip for your thumb.

Bonzo wrote:Mr. PushButton,

As far as serrations go, to me they are a gimmick meant to attract the macho knife nut, and give everybody watching the Ginsu commercials a hard-on for them

Bonz
Rut Roh! Hope there aren't any Spydie fans here. :D
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

If the blade isn't adleast 4 inches IMO serrations are completey useless. Although PE is better then any serration, Combo-edges are the worst... all they do is remind you of what you could do with a PE or a SE. You want to cut rope quickly? Just sharpen your PE knife on a coarse stone, or rod etc.

(edited twice to add last sentence)
Last edited by J-man on Sat May 31, 2003 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bigg (on serrations)
Then you need the kind of knife thats really a knife to cut it with. Not a pruning saw. Look I like the knife I don't like the idea of a 5"blade of all serarations. The recurve on that blade is incredible If it had no serrations it would still be a hard knife to sharpen. I know you started this thread to talk about your cool new knife and it has degenerated into all of us questioning your manhood and for that I am sorry but it was your irrational thinking that got you into this mess to begin with. If I even hear anyone from Mangio asking about the lunatic who is bothering them for a fully serrated 17" I will have no choice but to turn you over to the proper authoritys for giving all god faring decent knife collectors a bad reputation. I will see to it that you won't even be able to post to the Franklin Mint Forum when I'm done with you.
Sincerly
PB
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

bite me
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

LOL! I wasn't puttin ya down mr.bigg, I don't like serrations and it's Cold steel's fault for being idiots.
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

oops my bad,...... PB - bite me :lol:

you grouchy today PB? someone cut your cornflakes with a SERRATED knife .......LOL :lol: seriously, i'm not that keen on them either....
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Bite Me? Wouldn't that hurt? I wouldn't want someone to bite me "HHMMMM"must be one of those crazy canadian sayings or something.
Jay Man what does it mean in that drug addled mind of yours.
PB
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Acctually I am in a splendid mood today since my new umbrella arrived.
PB
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

jjeeeezzuuzzz murphy you make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

mr PB,

that umbrella will take years off your skin! :shock:
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

I don't usually like serrations but on some knives it just looks scarry!

Scan by Yours Truly
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

mr fivepointoh,

how can you argue with that!?!?! i like the civilian too..don't get me started, or by tonight i'll have ordered 6 more :lol:

i also ordered myself a spyderco "merlin" in plain edge, but it was B/O'd :( - maybe i'll see if i can get it in serrated too :wink:
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

LOL, I just ordered one of these and was told it might be months before i see it due to military orders being filled.

mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

wow, that's crazy! at least a wait is do-able if they tell you about it up front, gives you a nice suprise to look forward to!!

i see you like the tanto's too! hey that scanning thing seems to work pretty good for knife pics, any secrets? i don't have a scanner, but if it takes consistantly good knife pics, i could pick one up. it would certainly be cheaper than this digital camera i just bought, which is very tricky.....