wicked cold steel.....

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

I have a HP flatbed scanner. I use a piece of floor tile I bought at Home Depot supported my film containers or other like items to raise it above the knife.

I didn't scan the pic of the Emerson Waved CQC7BW-BTS, I borrowed it from the Emerson site.

Check out the video on how the Wave feature opens the knife on the draw!

http://www.emersonknives.com/videos/CQC-7.MPG
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

yeah, that is sweet how that opens, there was a lot of discussion around here a while back on those...i think the only bad thing that was said is the risk of wearing your pocket out with the "wave" thingy..so far i've managed to resist buying one.... :?

Post by 666 »

Mr. Bigg.....The combination of those very sharp serrations with the curve of that blade makes that knife a very good candidate for self defence. As far as it getting dull...as long as you don't cut down any trees, you'll never have to worry about it. I would never use a self defense knife to cut anything unless I absolutely had to.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
driveljay

it depends...

Post by driveljay »

I think it really depends on the knife and its design. Some knives look good with serrations, some don't. For example, balisongs with serrations have to be some of the ugliest
Now to pick a fight...
J_MAN!!YOU MUST BE STONED--"Combo-edges are the worst... all they do is remind you of what you could do with a PE or a SE. You want to cut rope quickly? Just sharpen your PE knife on a coarse stone, or rod etc.

UMMM, NO....LAME IDEA.When Im out on the river and have to cut rope I don't ever think 'wait a minute while I grab my coarse stone to sharpen my blade"....NO!!I flip out the kershaw avalanche with the combo edge and cut that rope like butter....who else wants some :twisted: :wink:
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

:lol: exactly! every blade has a purpose!

i think i could slice a loaf of bread pretty well with my vaquero grande :wink:
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

mrbigg wrote::lol: i think i could slice a loaf of bread pretty well with my vaquero grande :wink:
LOL! And anything else you want to slice! :D
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Really fast :!: Never saw anything like that. Cool.
Take Care
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'

Post by 666 »

Hey people...If you want one of those insane Cold-Steel Vaquero Grande's at a great price..check this auction out on BA. Well worth the $.

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=694414
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

i'd have to agree with the sixter - great price - great knife!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Don't like the big recruve?

The Voyagers are xtra large now.

Post by 666 »

The curve of the blade makes for extra deep cutting with out any effort.

"The key to their unheard of cutting ability is two fold. First, each extra wide blade has been precision flat ground to form a long shallow "V" cross section that is ideal for shearing through thick, tough fibrous materials like manila rope, cable, hose, belts etc. Second, their razor sharp serrated edges form a sinuous double curve. This means whenever the target is struck with the inward curving portion of the edge (nearest the hand) a strong drawing motion will automatically force the remaining outward curved edge entirely through the target."
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

You should see the DVD from Cold Steel and see that beast in action, all i can say is WOW. Just received it with my new toy, the Oyabun. No picture yet, item #691481 on BA.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

Yikes! A 9" Tahn-toh!!!

Pretty funny discription.
Cold Steel's Psycho Knife! Not really - it's an Oyabun Tanto, but Norman Bates would have loved it! It will chop thru about anything with its heavy blade. This monster has a 9" tanto blade made in RAZOR SHARP 420 Sub-Zero Quench stainlesssteel.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Thanks 5.0. This thing is a real monster. Last night i had some friends over and i used it to slice the pizza, it cut through the pizza, box and table cloth. :oops: Good thing i had a glass to protect the wooden table, or today i would be re-finishing the kitchen table.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

Your welcome Razor, now ya got to go out and ram it through a car hood several times. Got any noisey neighbors? :twisted:

Would of sucked if ya had to refinish that table. :x