Bid Retractions/BA

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Bid Retractions/BA

Post by BennytheBlade »

I know we have a couple of sellers here and I was just wondering how you handle someone who bids and then wants out of it. Just wondering... I cant be the only person to have accidently typed in 125 instead of 25 on a bid :oops:. I was fortune enough to get out of it (someone outbid me)...
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Benny,

Wow! I hadn't thought of that one. Glad it worked out for you. I see a bid as a committment, not something you do and then change your mind. However, when you accidently hit a key twice or somehow make a typo, that is a different matter.

Jim
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

yeah... i was going to msg the seller and see if they would let me off the hook, but if they wouldnt, I woulda paid...
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I hit an extra key once and bid about ten time what I intended. Even though there were no other bids at the time I still got out bid in the last minute.
Jay

Re: Bid Retractions/BA

Post by Jay »

BennytheBlade wrote:I know we have a couple of sellers here and I was just wondering how you handle someone who bids and then wants out of it. Just wondering... I cant be the only person to have accidently typed in 125 instead of 25 on a bid :oops:. I was fortune enough to get out of it (someone outbid me)...
The best thing to do if you make a mistake in bidding is to let the seller know that you made a mistake. Chances are they will let you off the hook.

I have been selling knives on various auctions for the last 3 years. And I have only had 2 auction winners that have told me that they had made a mistake. Both offered to pay the auction fees. In both cases I told them not to worry about it, because I appreciated them letting me know. Had they not let me know I would have been stuck holding the item for weeks before relisting it.

I have also had my share of people who win an auction and never send the payment nor respond to my email. When this happens I post negative feedback for them. I hate to post negative feedback but if we didn't post negative feedback it would spoil the integrity of the feedback system. And some auction sites require the seller to post negative feedback before they can get a refund of the auction fees.