so what's everyone's favorite non-auto folder?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome BladeLover. Still carry my Air Sog with serrated blade, great edc but no clip. Usually carry it in a sheath.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

welcome from me too mr bladelover...

so what other kinds of knives do you fancy?

Post by 666 »

Hey all...Still carrying my Sog Flash ll. No complaints with this one. I should be getting a Kershaw Blackout in a few days. I'll post how it is when I receive it.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
BladeLover

Post by BladeLover »

Thanks for the welcome, Vagrant and Falcon. This is a great site and I am glad I found it. Yes, I know what you mean, there are some real junk knives out there in the marketplace and some super ripoffs. My little motto merely refers to my passion for knives in general. Been a blade lover since I was 6 or 7. :lol:

Best regards,
BladeLover
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
BladeLover

Post by BladeLover »

Thanks for the welcome Razor and Mrbigg. I like personal defense and fighting knives the best, either folders or fixed blades. Most of my collection consists of combat folders and daggers and bowies. Recently, I have been acquiring a few autos, since I have always loved them. I bought my first "pushbutton" at a local hardware store in Madison, WI 1956. It was a texas toottpick style made by Imperial with a metal christmas striped handle for $1.25.

Best Regards,
BladeLover
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

666 wrote:Hey all...Still carrying my Sog Flash ll. No complaints with this one. I should be getting a Kershaw Blackout in a few days. I'll post how it is when I receive it.

Mr. 666,
Did you get your Blackout from Ebay? Mine came in the mail today and for $30.00, can't go wrong. It came in mint shape and I see that person has 6 of the Whirlwinds up on the block now.

Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson

Post by 666 »

Hi...Yes, I received the Blackout the other day. For $30 and no shipping it was a great deal. The knife came in mint condition and has a very good spring in it. I would say that the Blackout is as fast as the Sog ll Flash.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"