What was your first knife?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Grim

Re: What was your first knife?

Post by Grim »

my first knife was a good old swiss army knife carried that religiously from about 2nd -4th grade lost it along the way and started carrying a Leatherman multi tool for awhile lost that too while fishing.Then in middle school and stared carrying singleblade thumbstud folders thats right around the time when i started to get interested in collecting knives.The collecting carried on until high school when i stared picking up anything with an edge on it including my first switchblade then i really became a knife junkie :lol:.Pretty much carried a knife in my pocket since i was in elementary school probably why if i forget my knife at home if feel like a forgot my pants :shock: :lol:
DONT TREAD ON ME
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

first knife was actually a cheap lil daggar that i got from a festival in town. behind my parents back.... i kinda miss it now. my mom took it away because i wasnt supposed to have a knife til i was 11 or 13? but, on my b-day my dad gave me his old knife from boy scouts a hobo knife with the fork n spoon n everything sept the kitchen sink in the middle. i still have that knife. my mom gave the one back that i bought on my own when i was 14-15... i traded it for a way more expensive folder i think it was camillus 3 blade or somthing... i came out way ahead on the trade! lol
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

addendum- Vagrant said it only counts if it was an EDC, my first EDC was around the same time, Cheapo Balisong Red handles with the holes in it.... older kid took it away from me... i should've told my mom about it immediatly (she'd've kicked his @$$).
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

My first switchblade was a beautiful AB 11inch with black horn. Had some fairly big liner gaps and some blade play. It was the first time I ever bought one. It came in the mail and for the first time in my life I finally held on to a genuine Italian switch. When I pressed the button and that blade fired open I was instantly hooked. Such butter smooth action on that AB. Not like my Frank B picklock though. That’s on another level.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
Emcaster25

Post by Emcaster25 »

My first switchblade was an OTF model #860 from The Edge Company.
john

Post by john »

I bought my first in knife when I was about five years old in 1958. Bazooka bubblegum had an offer for a folder. I mailed my $.10 cents to Bazooka and when it arrived I couldn’t have been happier. It was a single blade blue plastic scales. It’s long gone I have no idea when I lost it. That was 60 years ago. My mom was way wicked cool; she let me keep it. It was my EDC. She keep a small knife in her handbag. My dad always had a knife in his pocket.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
kugr

Post by kugr »

Small swiss army knife, which within the week, sliced the side of my thumb from nail to knuckle... I was 8-11 years old I think... didn't stop me at all!!! Haha
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

my mom's boyfriend gave me a heavy chrome butterfly knife when I was about 13... that was the start for me.

Mike
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Omg nice post here and nice memories for me...my first knife as i remember was a creepy fake balisong hahhahhaa many cuts in my hands also remember me this times unfortunately one time i was in an elevator and i dropped out of my pocket and go dowwwwwn in the black hole :(((((
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Hello guys,

The first knife I had owned was F753m1. Nicke little knife, I weared it as EDC almost every day.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Hi Guys,

I saw a new model of knife on Ganzo website. It`s D704 with D2 steel (as I know it`s an updated version of G704)
Hope that can buy this model asap on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Jayronife wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:27 pm Hi Guys,

I saw a new model of knife on Ganzo website. It`s D704 with D2 steel (as I know it`s an updated version of G704)
Hope that can buy this model asap on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2
Nice knife, I have one.
2024 candidate for president
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Hello Guys

This week I found a new knife FH81 from Ganzo on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2, it has a reptilian design.
I hadn`t seen it before in Ganzo series, that`s why I ordered it and it`s fantastic
john

Post by john »

This question has been asked many times and here is my answer.
When I was five or six years old I purchased my first folder. Back then kids could wander the streets without the fear of being kidnapped. My friends and I went to the corner store and bought Bazooka bubblegum. For a penny you got a big piece of bubblegum and a comic. Along with the comic was an ad for a small pocket knife, only $.10 cents. With the help of my mom I sent in my $.10 cents in cash and I don’t know how many days later or weeks my knife arrived. I was so excited. It’s long gone but I’ll never forget it.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Jayronife wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:03 am Hello Guys

This week I found a new knife FH81 from Ganzo on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2, it has a reptilian design.
I hadn`t seen it before in Ganzo series, that`s why I ordered it and it`s fantastic
What does this have to do with your first knife? It has always been obvious you are a shill for Ganzo knives and probably just trying to advertise your Amazon store. Why not just come out and say it?

PS- I will save Sammy the time and just post his usual reply to you that he also likes Ganzo knives...lol