newbe here How to repin a knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
knifesman40

newbe here How to repin a knife

Post by knifesman40 »

Hi all i read a lot and love this place i wanted to ask where can you find pin's for knife's and how do you pen them so there nice and round i have tryed on a few junk one's and yes i cracked the scals help???? :?:
i'm a knife nut
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'm sure that if Bill reads this he can tell you where to get the proper METRIC pin stock. Peening the ends is something that only comes with practice, but a very light [jewelers] hammer helps. Short sharp taps are best. There is a tool called a pin spinner that goes in a drill and lets you round the ends Koval knives or Jantz supply would be good places to try to find one.
knifesman40

thank you

Post by knifesman40 »

i would love to get some thing like that, i have over 40,000 in big tools from 6 foot drill press's, to any thing any one in a tool store would want lololol, so i can make any thing but some time's you need the small thing you would not think of like that, lololol thank you anf on the form is there a place some one can tell me how much a old knife would be

thx :D
i'm a knife nut
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome and you can try the experts on Knife101.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/knife101/messages
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
knifesman40

thank you

Post by knifesman40 »

thx for all your help :D
i'm a knife nut