CRKT

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
79spitfire

CRKT

Post by 79spitfire »

I know their stuff is made in the far east,(It's a good knife, I just wish it was made in the US!) :D As a company to deal with they sure are top notch. I have on of the "Rollock" pocket knives, and twice now they have stood behind it with no hesitation. First time it lost a couple of screws, they sent a screw kit, no questions asked. Second time I asked them if they would sell me new scales for it as I had cracked them, and they insisted on sending out new ones at no charge. When I received the package it turns out they had sent me 2 sets of scales! The only question they did ask is "what is your address, so we can ship these out"
What knife?

whippersnapper

Re: CRKT

Post by whippersnapper »

You sure can't beat that customer service. 8)
cutnstuf_deleted

Post by cutnstuf_deleted »

Yeah, I just picked up one of their roll locks off ebay. Really nicely made. And I know what you mean about wishing they made them here.

Cut
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Could someone post a pic or link of this knife. I went to their website but didnt see the 'roll lock'. Sounds interesting to me. Also the cust service sounds out of this world...dont hear to many good stories like that these days.
Thanks.

Bob
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

I think the Rollock is a discontinued model, but they are readily available on e-bay:

http://search.ebay.com/CRKT_W0QQfrppZ50 ... turnedZ300

The Rollock is a knife that the blade slides or "rolls" through the scales from fore to aft and locks into place.
What knife?

El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I had a look....thanks!

Bob
whiskers

Post by whiskers »

I had a roll lock and got rid of it.I tried using it and the lock was on the bottom of the handle.the slightest pressure and the blade unlocks. with the knife being small it was hard to avoid this so I allowed someone to abscond with it. CRKT is one of my fav companies but the roll lock is one I wont own.
if everyone likes you, then you are most likely a coward who is too afraid to take a firm position on anything worthwhile