Hattori, Tojiro or Shun?

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
YHWH-NISSI

Hattori, Tojiro or Shun?

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Well I'm still on my quest to buy a new set of Professional kitchen knives and would like any advice possible. I'm leaning towards the Hattori HD Knives, but I really like the Tojiro Pro Damascus DP Series with the stainless steel handle as well. It looks very clean and bacteria free!
Are they about the same quality or does anyone know if one is above the rest. It knid of seems like they are very similar in composition which means it comes down to personal preference then I guess. Well any help, advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I wish there was a place around here where I could go hold and get a feel for them more hands on.
It is nice to be able to have a place to come and pick up some knowledge from you all! :D :D

YHWH-NISSI
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

I found this place to be very informative about kitchen knives...not just occasional users like me but people would use these knives for their profession:
http://216.91.137.210/
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Thank you Mr. Tpyke,
I have just been hanging out there and there is some pretty good information on them! Thank you my friend!

YHWH-NISSI
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein