Pssst...Over Here...

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Pssst...Over Here...

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Galley Cutlery Enthusiasts-

Just thought I'd stop by to say ellho, Mr. Doofus Emeritus told me that this is far and away the most fun sub-forum forum, and yowzer! he was right, 'eh?

Anyways, I just discovered a secret, and hidden attribute to one of my kitchen cutlery collection pieces that I thought I'd share with ya'-

If you happen to have, and are sometime in usage of, a snappy metal vegeatble peeler tool, and you're a-peeling away on some potatoes when you are horrified to notice a deep tater flesh dark spot- guess what? You can use the tip of the peeler to, in one fluid motion, excise the offending blemish lickety split!

Ain't life grand?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. I'll keep you posted on any new discoveries, AS I am going to dig out some really exotic items, a whisk and a spatula- stay tuned!!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Mr. Corpse,

If you dig deeper into that catch-all kitchen drawer, you should also come across a specialized edged device that 1. Cuts off the unwanted ends of string beans using an exposed blade at the top of the device, 2. Via a spring loaded gate and a series of vertical blades, AS you push the decapitated string bean through the aperture, you get French cut SB's with the strings also removed! How's that for a classic WOW utensil.

I am not where I can take and upload pictures, but if there is still interest when I return to civilization next week, I will be happy to upload some. The one I currently own was made in Australia :shock: . Most likely using the steel from all those confiscated firearms. :cry:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Pssst...Over Here...

Post by Vagrant »

Wally J. Corpse wrote:Greetings, Galley Cutlery Enthusiasts-
a snappy metal vegeatble peeler tool, and you're a-peeling away on some potatoes when you are horrified to notice a deep tater flesh dark spot- guess what? You can use the tip of the peeler to, in one fluid motion, excise the offending blemish lickety split!

Ain't life grand?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
For blemish removal from self, anesthesia is recommended :wink: