Kershaw

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bama

Kershaw

Post by Bama »

Has anyone had experience with Kershaw kitchen knives? I saw a set at bladehq that looked pretty good.
Dubsy

Re: Kershaw

Post by Dubsy »

you mean shun? yeah, they're really overrated. they feel really clunky, and have a kinda thick blade for a jap knife. the knives also have weird shapes, that look really ugly. in my opinion, forget them. for less money you can get a sharp, thin, AND sexy MAC. if you dont have a budget, go Misono. in my opinion they're the two best knife manufacturers, period.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I happen to like the Shun knives. I guess its actually pronounced "shoon" ? or so i have read.

My buddy has a set and like the feel of the handle and the balance of the knife.

Different strokes i guess.
Dubsy

Post by Dubsy »

i dont like the D-shaped handle. it feels awkward. plus the blade shapes remind me of a fat person, and the damascus tries to make it look smart. i think its kinda funny, cause one of the lunch cooks is a fat moron, that thinks he's smart. he uses shun's.
but thats just my opinion. they just have a lack of elegance to me, you know? and a Shun 8" chef knife is $140.
the equivalent MAC, depending on series, is $55, $80, $100, $140. thats for their original series, superior, Chef, and Mighty/Professional. and ive used the Mighty and Shun Classic in the same day, and the balance, rocking, sharpness, and thickness were all far superior on the mac. the only thing the Shun had on it was heft. and even then, my Misono beats it in all those categories AND heft.
Hard H2O

Post by Hard H2O »

I like the Kershaw Wasabi Series. They are great kitchen blades for a great price.
reloader

Post by reloader »

Not kershw, but I have 12 year old set of A.G. Russell kitchen knives and am very pleased.