Electric Knife Sharpener

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Electric Knife Sharpener

Post by Claudester »

I just bought a Chefs Choice knife sharpener for sharpening our kitchen knives and my fillet knives. I haven't used it yet but I would like some feed back from anyone who might have this machine. Its a model 120.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

For kitchen knives that take abuse and need constant touch ups its fine. But for you good knives the name is Chefs Choice Knife Scratcher.
PB
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

I don't know if it's THE choice for anybody, but after fairly disappointing results on my expensive toys, I've relegated my Lansky System to the kitchen, and it's done a good job on the stuff in there.

I am still looking for "the shizzle" for sharpening the toys.
reloader

Re: Electric Knife Sharpener

Post by reloader »

Suggestion: I have used DMT diamond stones for years and am very, very satisfied. Final finish is stropping then knife on an old, GLASS, Dr. Pepper bottle. Hold by the neck; it will harden and finish it better than anything I have ever used.