Interest in Handmade Kitchen set ???

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
switchbuilder44

Interest in Handmade Kitchen set ???

Post by switchbuilder44 »

Hello Folks , I am Tank T Bar K Custom Knives , I have a Set of Kitchen Knives I am working on and am currently waiting on my handles to come back from Cullpepper (Stag being dyed Amber ) ,I built 4 steak knives and 4 Larger Kitchen knives I am doing as a set all will have Stainless Blades from Sweedish 12-C-27 taper steel , Hand Made and Heatreated by me ,the steak knives will have stainless bolsters and are about .075 thou thick the Lg knives will have Stainless Guards and they are approx .145 thou thick at the spine , All are flat ground 400 grit finnish , I did this to see if I could mainly but was curious as to who migh be willing to Pay 1000.00 for this set , any of these knives could be taken out of the kitchen and used as a fine High quality Hunting knife if you wanted to make a sheath for it , mainly just curious if this was un-heard of or not ,T
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Interest in Handmade Kitchen set ???

Post by Vagrant »

A couple times I've made a knife and fork carving set as a wedding gift.
In one case it was the most contested item in the eventual divorce :lol:
Concrats on the Steak Knives, moet people have no idea how hard it is to hand-make 4 of anything that all look them same :wink:
Post pics to show people what they look like :idea:
switchbuilder44

I will when I get them finnished , it is a drawn out process for now getting all the stag matching ect .T
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

switchbuilder44 wrote:I will when I get them finnished , it is a drawn out process for now getting all the stag matching ect .T
VERY difficult :!: :!:
Your best bet is to look for fairly "plain" pieces with a good color match :idea:
switchbuilder44

Well what i did on it was about 6 mo's ago I got a bunch of weathered Domestic Stag , I cut up about 6 different antlers of simmilar color and paired them up as well as matched them best i could and sent them along with 12 other sets to Culpepper for their Amber Dying process , Hopefully they will all come back looking simmilar enough to use on the set , I love a good challenge even if it takes 6 months to compleate to my standards , I work on them off and on so its not a continual time frame , T