busse knives

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

busse knives

Post by sammy the blade »

Anyone know anything about Busse knives? I guess they aren't made anymore. A friend of mine gave me one, his boss gave him a few of them and he told me they were pretty high dollar. I've followed the directions on posting pictures but it's not working on my phone. Not trying to sell it, just looking for some info.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: busse knives

Post by natcherly »

I looked at their website as I too was not familiar with them. Don't seem to be makinge knives anymore, but the focus is on "soft goods" like T shirts. Not too edgy.
AMDAZ

Post by AMDAZ »

:D Good find .Quality knife.Don't see many around anymore.LIKE to get one .If you got it at a bargin or weekend sale good for you. May not be in business anymore. Fixed blade? For pics. go to library free to get on line next go to paint. Down size photo should work. AMDAZ
Charleslee

Post by Charleslee »

They never went out of business. Google Busse Combat Knives. Not cheap knives! Well made, they use a proprietary steel-INFI-which is supposed to be extremely hard. They have a following, Jerry Busse & wife have gotta be rolling in the dough. People snap up their knifes just as soon as they put them out. There’s an offshoot company - Scrapyard Knives & another I can’t remember but all in the family.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I have one that was given to me by a good friend that was given to him and they are high dollar.
2024 candidate for president
Jim_mi

Post by Jim_mi »

Very good knives, with outstanding marketing skills behind them. You would have to decide yourself if they were worth the money charged.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I bought this in 2018, based on a high recommendation from my Knife Guy.
There is always a long waiting list for Busse items, despite the hefty price tags.
Attachments
bussecombat__AK_47__c.jpg
bussecombat__AK_47__c.jpg (84.48 KiB) Viewed 12902 times
button_man

Post by button_man »

I just looked at Busse and they aren’t showing this particular knife for sale any more: https://www.bussecombat.com/knives/

I guess it was a good investment; scroll down in this thread for commentary on current value:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/pri ... s.1804917/
malyessarah7

Post by malyessarah7 »

They never went out of business.Google Busse Combat Knives.

Not cheap knives! Well made, they use a proprietary steel-INFI-which is supposed to be extremely hard.

They have a following, Jerry Busse & wife have gotta be rolling in the dough.

People snap up their knifes just as soon as they put them out.

There’s an offshoot company Scrapyard Knives & another I can’t remember but all in the family.
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Busse, Swamprat and Scrapyard knives are all the same company. Knives are made by CNC machinery in batches, so any specific model is only available for a short time and then generally never again. There is a cult like following of their buyers. I have a few and they are good, but I am not sure they are worth the money. The knives are sold without sheaths. There are a few guys who make custom sheaths for them which are sold separately.

So, you kind of have to follow the 3 companies for when knives are available and be Johnny on the spot to order.