Opinion on Kizlyar knives?

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Opinion on Kizlyar knives?

Post by dark2023 »

Whats the general consensus on Kizlyar knives as far as quality and durability?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
dark2023

Re: Opinion on Kizlyar knives?

Post by dark2023 »

I mean the company that makes the DV-2 knife, they call themselves "Kizlyar Industrial Enterprises". Also, how is this company related to Cold Steel? I've had some bad experiences with cold Steel brand products.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I have been wanting the Kizlyar DV-2 “Dalnya-Vostorchny Spetsnaz” for years now.
Wish I had bought one back when they about 140 bucks,now they are well over 200 pushing 300.
The DV-2 is truly a tank of a knife,indestructible and is considered one of the finest production knives in the world.

Rosarms and Kizlyar knives are very high quality with excellent steels.
I would also love to have the Rosarms "Taiga".

Both are bad-ass,well made knives.
Attachments
DV-2.jpg
DV-2.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 15682 times
ROS_ARMS_-_Taiga-1.jpg
ROS_ARMS_-_Taiga-1.jpg (27.21 KiB) Viewed 15682 times
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Really like the DV-2 knife. An old school style combat knife, well built and solid like a tank.
The only negative thing about it, is that I find the handle a bit too long for my taste, thus affecting the balance when switching between grips.
Another downside from what I heard, cannot confirm, was that the tang is welded to the blade and not a solid piece of steel. Still a great knife to own and buy.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Razor_54 wrote:the tang is welded to the blade and not a solid piece of steel.
That would be a problem for me,I have always liked knives and tools to be made above and beyond and a welded tang almost seems absurd.
I am going to cross my fingers and hope this is not true but if it is I certainly would think twice before I paid that ridiculous price.
Heck I even have a problem with the skinny little tangs that are threaded at the end.
The KA-BAR USMC has a wide tang all the way down and a pin holding the butt on. At 40/50 dollars it is still the best fixed blade knife for the $ and pound-for-pound possibly the best knife out there.
Like the 1911 Colt,been around forever and for good reason.
Milandrew

Post by Milandrew »

Well, it would be really nice of you to post a picture of yourKizlyar knives, I'm sure they are great knives as HI usually does. I would be glad to order from them and add a Kizlyar knives to my Kumar Karda and my Farm Knife .