I see you enjoy both .25 and .32 Autos.

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I see you enjoy both .25 and .32 Autos.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Bill: I understand you like both the .25 and .32 Auto pistols. (I saw you on other sites!) :P

I wonder if you wouldn't like to discuss the attributes of both cartridges. I am throwing this out to generate a decent conversation.
Fishtail Picklock
Krab-E

Re: I see you enjoy both .25 and .32 Autos.

Post by Krab-E »

It's my understanding, .25's auto's are designed to knock people/sub-humans off. Being the perfect round + power to penetrate the skull & then bounce 'round inside, without messy exits? That, & fitting in a ladies clutch-purse.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

It's my understanding, .25's auto's are designed to knock people/sub-humans off. Being the perfect round + power to penetrate the skull & then bounce 'round inside, without messy exits? That, & fitting in a ladies clutch-purse.
I think your confusing .22 with .25

.25 is the worst round ever intended for self-defense. It can be stopped by even a thick winter coat and usually dosent have any real stopping power, it's both slow and small (while .22 is much faster (force = mass x speed) and therefore not deadly. .25 hollowpoints fail to gain enough speed to reliably expand. And, there have been multiple cases were home intruders have been shot up to 6 times with a .25 and either died later or seemed to be fine. In most of these cases the victims were beaten to death by their angered attackers.

.22 > .25

.32 on the other hand is a somewhat useful round, not a wonderful one, but it's at least it can kill.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I had a friend shot in the face with a .25 he went home from the hospital the same night, as for .32 i took my fathers to punch some drain holes in a steel barrel, to muzzel the report i shot thru a cloth diaper...... didn't make it thru the diaper.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

Alright, 2 good responses to my stupid sweeping statement, thanx Dark, Tryker!
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

to muzzel the report i shot thru a cloth diaper...... didn't make it thru the diaper.
If thats true then there must have been something wrong with the ammunition because I've seen .32 do some nice things to apples and water jugs. Small, but nice.
Honestly though, I personally prefer concealed carry pieces in 9x18mm Makarov chamberings (p-64 anyone?)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

There are alot of good options now for carrying in 9mm, and it is a very effective round for self defense.

Even .380 i find i am confortable carrying. Most guns in .380 and even some 9 can be very small but will definitely get the job done.

There there are guns like my XDs in .45...very small gun larger caliber :D
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The .25 is unpredictable, I have had it fail to make a dent in a block of wood I shot at but, repeatedly go through a muffler a .22 magnum failed to penetrate :!: There are enough different .32s to add to the confusion :? [I like the .32-20 ] :) Both the .25 and the .32 do make a bang loud enough to get attention :wink: [more than a .22 :idea: ]
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

My comment on .25s is as follows: Years ago in my law enforcement days, there was a call of a woman shot in the head. We responded to find a woman drinking a beer on her front stoop ( NYC in the 80s). When asked if she knew of someone shot, she responded she was. She pushed her hair aside to show us a .25 bullet sticking out of her forehead. Little to no blood and she was out of the hospital in about two hours. The shot was from two feet away from a small auto....Enough said.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Even .380 i find i am confortable carrying. Most guns in .380 and even some 9 can be very small but will definitely get the job done.
I still think makarov is better as the ammo is cheaper than .380, zippier, and has more punch.
It's not as good as 9mm luger/parabellum, but makarov chambered pistols are cheap, reliable and usually smaller than 9mm pistols.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Makarov is also slightly larger diameter :idea:
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

The newer .32 NAA is a good bet. It powers the 71-grain FMJ to .32 H&R Magnum levels. (The manufacturers of the .380 SKYY pistol are offering a barrel chambered for the .32 NAA, providing a substantial ballistic improvement over the .32 ACP.) 8)

Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Well, I guess the original post was directed to me! I don't frequent this section of the forum often.
Let me preface this by saying that the only sure "stop" with a handgun of NY caliber is a central nervous system shot. A CNS shot with a .25 is as effective as a .44 magnum. Both kill you dead. Shot placement is much more important than caliber.
Now, the .22 lr is NOT more powerful than the .25. Everyone reads "ballistics tables" for the .22 lr- but they fail to realize those figures are from a RIFLE barrel!
Even the handgun tables are for 6" barrels.
Drop that down to a 2" barrel, and the .25 is as powerful-maybe more powerful. The .25 is also a centerfire round (more reliable ignition,) and uses a jacketed bullet (better feeding.)
The .25 shows about 14 inches of penetration in ballistic gel-plenty by all accounts. I have shot lots of .25 through guns like Brownings, Berettas, Astras, etc. I can personally tell you that a winter coat won't stop it. Perhaps from a junk gun with a rusted out barrel- but not from a good gun with good ammunition.
There have been people shot 6 times with a .45 acp that were not "stopped." I personally know a man who was shot in the chest with a 12 gauge shotgun. He ran 35 yards before he dropped from blood loss. He survived.
There are many reports of people's skulls stopping bullets of most calibers.
The 25 can most certainly kill. Promoting myths that it won't is irresponsible!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I carry a .32 acp Keltec P32. My wife carries one. My daughter carries one.
Oh- we keep a service-caliber pistol handy, but the little 32s are ON us.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

I wouldn't want to be hit by one. I have a stearling .25 that belonged to my dad and it's actually a nice piece.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!