Bushcraft blanks?

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ChadEntwistle

Bushcraft blanks?

Post by ChadEntwistle »

Just wondering if anyone may know where I can get some small blanks? I am very new and would like to get started with some blanks first. I really like the very small and very sharp bushcraft type knives. I think I could really use this type of blade as an EDC.
Thanks
Chad
TRYKER

Re: Bushcraft blanks?

Post by TRYKER »

are you lookin for fultang ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
ChadEntwistle

Post by ChadEntwistle »

Yes I suppose I am looking for full tang. Basically all I am looking for at this time is to make and put the scales on. Kind of just feeling my way around too see if knifemaking is going to be something I would like to presue or not. Iam finding out that there are some pretty large costly items needed to really make knives, so for now as a start that's the plan??? So to answer the question really I guess iam looking for blades?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i'm partial to a good scandi grind myself i have a enzo trapper in d2 tool steel. you can get them in blanks and kit form from http://thompsonsknives.com/
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"