Wasp Knife

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Wasp Knife

Post by dark2023 »

I'll just leave this here,

http://www.waspknife.com

Apparently it makes a great dive knife, or watermelon killer
who knows, maybe someone will buy one (if you do let me know how that goes)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Re: Wasp Knife

Post by Viking45 »

Haa! That's almost comical,even the guy busting the melon has this "what am I doing look"

That thing would give someone a bad belly-ache. :shock:
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

That thing would explode someone, because of the highly pressurized gases. I suspect it was originally meant as an alternative to the bang-stick for divers who find themselves meeting a shark. Though I think I'd prefer the range the bang-stick offers.

Otherwise it seems to exist mainly for novelty purposes.

As a defensive weapon, I think it looks like a great way to wind up facing premeditated murder charges.
That and the fact that a gun would acheive similar results, and you can be a good distance away (aaand you have more than 1 chance (assuming your using anything other than a flintlock))
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
TATTOO-76

Post by TATTOO-76 »

I always thought these seemed to be more of a novelty that something you would really use.

on one hand, im sure it would amuse your friends (all drunk of course) at a party if you made a watermelon explode.

on the other hand, if you used this as a self defense weapon, it dont seem practical.....unless you are HIGHLY trained in a combat situation where a knife is being used, stabbing someone and having the mental capacity to push a button while struggling with an opponent is a lot easier said than actually DONE.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Again, good way to go to jail for murder. and, too much trouble for similar results a gun could bring.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

YIKES !!!
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'm getting into spearfishing and this thing seems PERFECT as a dive knife (which they claim it can do) because it would be perfect protection against sharks. I may eventually be able to review it here one day.
StevieWunders

Post by StevieWunders »

The only PERFECT protection against sharks is to stay on dry land. If you're close enough to stab the shark, the shark is close enough to bite YOU.
Even if you get in the first lick, think of all the excitement you'll generate among the other sharks when that bubbly blood cocktail hits the water. :shock: