Looking For A Knife...

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blackjack

Looking For A Knife...

Post by blackjack »

Hey folks. I'm looking for one of those Buckmaster Survival Knives, remember those? Ive found them on ebay but I thought I'd throw this out to see if anyone had a line on one of them.
Anybody know where I can find one?
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Looking For A Knife...

Post by natcherly »

Is that the one with the built-in compass?

Is so, two birds.... :lol:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

The early models had the compass in the cap of the screw-in handle the later models had a compass that was carried in one of its pouches.
Here's a not bad picture of the knife and the sheath
Take Care
blackjack
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

if ya want a wall hanger there ok but if ya lookin for a user stay a way. its a 2 piece and will break after heavy abuse. if ya realy need one with a hollow handel there are some that are machined out of one solid piece i'd go with that.

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A pic reminds me which Buck this was :idea: :wink:
The earliest ones had a SERIOUS heat-treat problem and were far too brittle :!:
Snapped/broke a LOT :(
This was corrected on later ones but some say they went too far in the other direction and made them too soft :?
A great "drugstore commando" or impress the neighbors, knife :wink:
But not useful for ANY serious purpose :idea:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thanks for the valuable information guys. I guess unless I find one really cheap I'll steer clear.
Take Care
blackjack
redeye

Post by redeye »

i have owned and used at least seven of these knives over the years and own a very early one now and i never had any problems with any of them other than keeping them from "walking off" i used to keep one strapped to the handlebars of my old Harley shovelhead i used to ride and it was a really a conversation starter. even the chicks dug it. if you are serious about buying one please pm me and we can talk. it aint cheap though. i would carry this one if i was invading anywhere even thru the gates of hades. in my opinion they are a awesome knife.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

redeye wrote: i used to keep one strapped to the handlebars of my old Harley shovelhead i used to ride and it was a really a conversation starter. i would carry this one if i was invading anywhere even thru the gates of hades. in my opinion they are a awesome knife.
Dramatic FTW?
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

some like, some don't. I would rather save my life, with a solid full tang or something very close. Hollow handles aren't for me. I have pockets for a compass. The overall look is interesting though.

To answer your question, I would have said try ebay, but you already know about that source. I did check ebay for giggles and found only one, so this will be a hard find. "My Guess"
Last edited by sandbar on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

if you realy need a hollow handel knife go for the chris reeves knives, there machined out of solid stock and are 1 piece and exspensive. i like the beckers and have several the chompanion, the bk-7, bk-9, and the tack tool. there all high carbon steel. and cost friendly. theres also the atax from tops which is handy.

tryker
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

TRYKER wrote:if you realy need a hollow handel knife go for the chris reeves knives, there machined out of solid stock and are 1 piece and exspensive. i like the beckers and have several the chompanion, the bk-7, bk-9, and the tack tool. there all high carbon steel. and cost friendly. theres also the atax from tops which is handy.

tryker
Yeah,CR knives are freekin' incredible! I don't have one but have handled them and day-umm,they are rugged!

I think CR made some knives for the movie Predator
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Viking45 wrote:
TRYKER wrote:if you realy need a hollow handel knife go for the chris reeves knives, there machined out of solid stock and are 1 piece and exspensive. i like the beckers and have several the chompanion, the bk-7, bk-9, and the tack tool. there all high carbon steel. and cost friendly. theres also the atax from tops which is handy.

tryker
Yeah,CR knives are freekin' incredible! I don't have one but have handled them and day-umm,they are rugged!

I think CR made some knives for the movie Predator
Nope. It was Jack Crain that made the knives for the Predator movie.
(just correcting myself) :oops: