Schrade Extreme Survival Knife

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blackjack

Schrade Extreme Survival Knife

Post by blackjack »

Anyone have any opinions or experience with these particular knives. At this one shop they have them at what would seem a very fair price.
All opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
El Gringo

Re: Schrade Extreme Survival Knife

Post by El Gringo »

I dont...but it sure looks like it could come in handy! :D
The Tourist

Re: Schrade Extreme Survival Knife

Post by The Tourist »

May I ask how you intend to use the knife?

Are you a wilderness camper, or will this just be stored in your truck along with things like flares, rope, bandages, etc.?

Now granted, I like to purchase knives at an alarming rate myself. :lol: And I will use just about any excuse to accomplish my desire. Someday someone is going to build a "UFO survival knife" and I will buy their 'collector series...'

My truck knife isn't a knife at all. It's one of those cheap collapsible shovels you can buy anywhere. First of all, survivors like the Spetsnaz carry them, and most times digging or whacking is more valuable than cutting.

Most of all, a fellow tinker and my good friend who lives in Canada almost lost his arm trying to free a truck in the snow. A tow strap almost severed his arm at the bicep before he could get free. The added reach of a shovel would have served his purpose.