A Brief Intro

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Five Dollar Bill

A Brief Intro

Post by Five Dollar Bill »

Hello, all. Just registered. I'm just a 66 year old guy that has been interested in knives, swords etc. since being a kid. But, kept it as a back interest, with my life taking me on a path to becoming a Veterinarian. Still loving blades, but mostly living that through Fantasy movies, etc. After retiring, I got involved in the Collectibles/Antiques world. I was "Five Dollar Bill" because all my auctions started at $5.00.
Anyway, things have moved on, and my life has been downsized. But, I have these assorted knives that are looking for new homes. I understand the selling rules, and will use my additional posts to find out more about them. And later on, we can do some business. BTW, there is nothing special about these vintage knives, and their condition is far from mint. But, they're adequate for adding to a collection, renovation, or a few just for parts. For you guys that fix and restore knives. I have a Rizzuto, a Rostfrei, a few folding knives, and others. But, I have seen those names here before. I came across them in my Antiques/Collectibles days, so have had them quite some time. Plus, a vintage sword/cane that you all will love!
That's all for now. See y'all later.
Bill
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
whippersnapper

Re: A Brief Intro

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard Bill! Looking forward to seeing your collection.

PS- It is refreshing to see you actually read the rules for the buy/sell forum. Most new guys seem to overlook them and list stuff right away. Then they get mad when we have to remove their posts before they have met the few requirements the administrator has set. If you have something that interests others I'm sure you will get contacted through PM's (personal messages) with offers.

Good luck and hope maybe you stick around and continue collecting.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Glad to see you here Bill and welcome to the forum.
2024 candidate for president
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

''WELCOME FROM MASS''
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Hi Bill. Welcome aboard.

$5 is way preferable to $3. Good choice :mrgreen:
Five Dollar Bill

Thank you all. I hope to learn a bit, and make new friends.
Be nice to us old folks. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
Five Dollar Bill

BTW, Natcherly….WAY preferable! LOL.....Do "they" still use that expression? Phony as a $3 bill? Or are we showing our age?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Five Dollar Bill wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:04 pm BTW, Natcherly….WAY preferable! LOL.....Do "they" still use that expression? Phony as a $3 bill? Or are we showing our age?
Probably!

While the US never issued a $3 bill, some state chartered banks did. Pretty rare though.
Attachments
$3 Bill.jpg
$3 Bill.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 9808 times
Five Dollar Bill

Yes, I know of those. As you say, they were issued by private banks. They were also odd sized, many were like the larger earlier Federal Reserve notes. Thanks for taking the time to share that.