New member/ 2nd. Generation switchblade lover

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Dave~weahunt

New member/ 2nd. Generation switchblade lover

Post by Dave~weahunt »

Hello. First thing I want to say is thanks for letting me join this group. I look forward to seeing all things this group has to offer. Like I wrote in subject box above I'm a 2nd. Generation switchblade lover! My Dad has collected switchblades since before I was born. I grew up with the fascination and overall love for the switchblade knife. My Dad is a collector of new switchblades. I too have several new switchblades but I also really like collecting old fixer-upper switches as well. I haven't done much to repair any of my fixers because I'm nervous about breaking something. I own a couple of vintage switches that I'd like to get some more information about.
First I have a old Keeper that I bought off a kid about 30 yrs. Ago that's always been in rough shape. I've kept it in a box since I bought it but I'm thinking about restoring it. It's pretty sad looking but I like it. I don't know how to send pics here yet so I'll describe it's issues. The push button is stuck in the handle and doesn't seem to come out. The safety slide is missing most of the head that comes out of the handle the spring comes out pretty easy and doesn't have much tension anymore. The handle has a crack in between the rivets from the the top rivets down past the push button down past safety slide to the bottom rivet. So with that said do you think it's restorable? If so do you have any suggestions about aquiring parts for it? Any help I can get regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
JulesVane

Re: New member/ 2nd. Generation switchblade lover

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Dave and welcome aboard! Lots of knowledgeable members here and lots of great talents as well. Imgur is a great photo sharing site. You may also find it easy to look just below your message/reply box (area) and find post reply written in red, then "attachments". Click that, browse your photos, then place "in line". You'll get the hang of it. Looking forward to seeing your collection and hearing what members here that certainly know their stuff, have to say. Again...welcome!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum.
VGY.ME is an easy to you site. Upload your photo, select the IMG link, paste it into your post, preview your photo and submit.
Tell us more about your and your Dad’s collection what type of knive do you collect?
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME FROM MASS !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Welcome! We appreciate new members introducing themselves like this. As others have mentioned, there is a wealth of info here, history, restoration discussions, new items, etc. Search for topics to read up on topics you are interested in. Good Luck!

BTW, topic has been moved to this location to keep new member intros in the same place. More of less :mrgreen:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Hello!
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

You're in trouble now, buddy. Not only have you joined the lunatics, but you have the temerity to call yourself Dave. You will get fear from people thinking you're that giant, ax-wielding one,or worse, ignored because of the loud-mouthed a$$hole one (me).
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."