New guy wants to say hello

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Slicksamy

New guy wants to say hello

Post by Slicksamy »

Hello everyone , I’m new to the world of blades and looking forward to acquiring knowledge about a new passion of mine .
Thank you slicksamy
sammy the blade

Re: New guy wants to say hello

Post by sammy the blade »

What kind of knives do you prefer? Most here really like autos. Personally, I like them all!
2024 candidate for president
Slicksamy

Post by Slicksamy »

I'm fan of all sorts ,in my youth I lived in Italy in the south and I was introduced to the Sicilian swithblades ,that was my only experience with them . now I've been following benchmade knives and Kershaw spring assisted knives and just like my other hobbies I want to start to collect as well . I also am a shotgun enthusiast and in saying that I have always wanted to own a good quality shot shell knife . Has anyone ever dealt with the German knife shop ?
Last edited by Slicksamy on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Welcome, new friend.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Slicksamy

Post by Slicksamy »

Thank you for the greeting , when I was first introduced to the world of firearms I was told that I would meet the nicest people holding guns, I could not understand what that meant. I think I could also use that saying in the world of knives .
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Hello!
DonC

Post by DonC »

Welcome to the forum.
Check the Sharper Deals auction for Shell Puller style knives. They're a relatively common item.
DonC
Slicksamy

Post by Slicksamy »

Thank you Don c
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Slicksamy wrote:Thank you Don c
It's a perversity of the system, but when introductions pop up, you welcome the guy and never look at the topic again ... typically you've done your duty and don't care who else responds, unlike threads where you follow a discussion. So, as the author, if you want to thank someone and establish a relationship it's best to send a PM, and thus be sure they will see it. See? So look under their name and you will see a little envelope. Touch that, and it starts a PM and quotes their entire message. Type a response and hit submit.

Additionally, this gives you a better idea of who is answering. When the responses stop, you are no longer 'new'. Any responses are for you. Also, the topic drops off everyone else's list.

Best of luck. Now post a new thread with pictures of your knives, or questions or whatever so that you will be known to the community. Tell us what you like.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Slicksamy wrote:Thank you Don c
It's a perversity of the system, but when introductions pop up, you welcome the guy and never look at the topic again ... typically you've done your duty and don't care who else responds, unlike threads where you follow a discussion. So, as the author, if you want to thank someone and establish a relationship it's best to send a PM, and thus be sure they will see it. See? So look under their name and you will see a little envelope. Touch that, and it starts a PM and quotes their entire message. Type a response and hit submit....
That's how Dave sees it, but hell, do what you want. You might even thank both ways!

Actually, I thought your thanks to Don C. was particularly in relation to his recommendation as to where shell pullers might be found...

Anyway, welcome aboard and have fun.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

welcome from mass !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Welcome from England Slicksamy!!

You have come to the right place.
Loads of knowledge here and you will make some great freinds along the way.

All the best

gravknife