Just wanted to say thanks!

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jl0462

Just wanted to say thanks!

Post by jl0462 »

I fell in love with the Italian switchblade upon seeing one for the first time on the "Walking Tall" movie. I made my own out of three Popsicle sticks and a rubber band to play with after watching that movie. Over the years, I had owned a couple of cheap clones made in China but, always hoped to find a real Italian variant someday. Due to work, raising family, etc., I did not take the time to further investigate and find my " dream knife". Recently I became disabled , due to a work related accident. Being labeled "disabled" was a large pill to swallow. While surfing the net to pass the time one day, I found what I thought was an actual Italian made switchblade. After making the purchase, I stumbled upon TalkBlade. Shortly thereafter, I discovered that my knife was a clone. I started reading past posts and obtaining more and more knowledge. I have purchased a few knives since then that I know are actually the real thing. Becoming a member of TalkBlade has sparked my interest and aided me in starting a new hobby of collecting switchblades. I have also received much needed help and advice and have been welcomed and treated with respect. I cannot say thank you enough for TalkBlade and it's knowledgeable members I look forward to developing new friendships and increasing my knowledge. I apologize for the long post. I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself . Thanks again, Jeff
whippersnapper

Re: Just wanted to say thanks!

Post by whippersnapper »

Hello and welcome, Jeff! Glad to hear talkblade was a help to you.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Hello and welcome, Jeff. There are actually two great forums for meeting the guys and learning about switchblades. Here's the other:

http://www.sharperdeal.biz/forums

You might also want to have a look at:

http://www.sharperdeals.net/

which is an auction site for buying and selling. You'll see many of the same names in all three places. I became aware, in Septemeber, of just how many varieties of knives there were available and who the custom makers and manglers (customizers, repairmen) were.

Take a gander at a couple of topics here:

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22579

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22543

You may be more of a traditional guy, and that's fine. You don't need to like the wild ones because I do. Just have fun, and talk about what interests you. We love pictures, too.

Best regards,
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
jl0462

Re: You may be more of a traditional guy, and that's fine. Y

Post by jl0462 »

Dave, I guess I am somewhat of a traditional guy but, I do like variety. Your knives look great!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Nice intro Mr. ji0462 Good to have you here...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome!

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

tr4252 wrote:Welcome!

Tom
:D :D
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome. Couldn't have found a better place to hang your hat and discuss blades of all styles.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6