Hello, new here.

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TomcatPC

Hello, new here.

Post by TomcatPC »

Hello
I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I found this place after looking for info on my growing interest in switchblade knives. I bought my first two switchblades last week at a local antique shop. One is a Imperial, that does not work...and the other is a very cheap one that is new and does work LOL!
Anyway, I'm gravitating towards the pre-1958 American knives, Imperial, Hammer Brand, Colonial/Shursnap, Presto, Press Button Knife Co. etc.
Thanks
Mark

PS
The very cheap "other" switchblade I bought for $5 that actually works, is a "Ky Daoye", and while a cheap little knife, I don't think it is the worst knife out there LOL.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Hello, new here.

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. TomcatPC...

Please not to despair about your mos' humble collection - We all had to start somewhere. I, for instance, started with a single Milano. I saved-up my money, was patient and now I own twice times Milanos...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard Mark!

Check out www.sharperdeals.net - Quite a few of the older American autos pass through there.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Welcome! We all started somewhere, and many of us did so without the benefit of a forum like this. Lots of great info here. Enjoy!
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Welcome to the forum Mr. TomcatPC. Stick around and you'll see a lot of really cool and impressive knives along with the knowledge that makes them that way.
TomcatPC

Post by TomcatPC »

Thanks for the welcome.
Mark
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"