General forum question

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dwells

General forum question

Post by dwells »

Hate to start a thread for a simple question but I have looked around and can't find the answer. The little icons to the left of the pages next to the threads have a little circle with what looks to be text inside. On some threads the little text inside the circle is scrolling, what the heck does that mean? is there a legend somewhere for the different states/appearance of this icon?

Best,
Don
Attachments
status.jpg
status.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
whippersnapper

Re: General forum question

Post by whippersnapper »

Hmmm, I don't know. I guess I have not used that board style. From what I can tell the icon appears red if there are new posts in that forum. There are 3 different board styles you can use Black Pearl, prosilver, and subsilver2. You can change your appearance by going into your user control panel and clicking on "Board preferances" then scroll down to the "my board style" drop down box. All the three different looks are set up a little different and have different icons. Take a look, you might like one better than the others.

Here is a sample of Black Pearl
Capturez.JPG
Capturez.JPG (52.74 KiB) Viewed 3219 times

Here is prosilver (which your using)
The attachment x.JPG is no longer available
And here is subsilver2
The attachment cay.JPG is no longer available
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

It shows if there are new post in that thread.
If the circle is red then there are post you have not yet seen, if blue then there are no new post since your last visit.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
dwells

Post by dwells »

Interesting, thanks fellas. I wonder what the scrolling text means though. Maybe it means someone is reading that thread :?: .