Complete Newbie

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Witterings

Complete Newbie

Post by Witterings »

Just thought I'd say Hi to everyone as a Newbie on this site after someone recommended it to me and mentioned there are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful members here so thought I'd put it to the test :-) so hello to all !!!!!
john

Re: Complete Newbie

Post by john »

Hello and Welcome Witterings,
When you have time check out the various topics you'll find a lot of cool info. Also, when you have a chance post a photo of your favorite knife or knives. I and I can speak for others love to see photos.
Your new friend,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard!
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

Welcome""There are alot of great people on this site and can be of great help.You should read the posting rules so you know whats ok and whats not to post.Buying knives is very addicting"""Once you have one you wont be able to stop buying them.I know,i have a ton of knives now.
Witterings

Post by Witterings »

leighdog wrote:Buying knives is very addicting"""Once you have one you wont be able to stop buying them.I know,i have a ton of knives now.
So I've discovered in a very short space of time :-)

Ever since I gave up smoking a few years back think I've been looking for / become addicted to one thing after another to fill that void and now have a collections of RC Planes, Drum Kits, Air Guns and now Knives .... what next I wonder :-)

I've also started trying to collect beer but as much as I buy it the collection never seems to get any bigger :-)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Witterings wrote:Ever since I gave up smoking a few years back think I've been looking for / become addicted to one thing after another to fill that void and now have a collections of RC Planes, Drum Kits, Air Guns and now Knives .... what next I wonder :-)

I've also started trying to collect beer but as much as I buy it the collection never seems to get any bigger :-)
Welcome! Knives are very addictive but I have the same problem with my beer collection,it disappears rapidly and my knife collection has grown and I often wonder if there is some kind of connection? :lol:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HOWDY !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome Witterings. This is a very addictive hobby, so be fore warned. :D
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
lars

Post by lars »

Welcome aboard!
Witterings

Post by Witterings »

Thanks for the "Welcomes" much appreciated !!!!!

Does anyone know if you can subscribe to threads without actually posting a reply, it may be me and I'm missing something simple ????
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Witterings wrote: Does anyone know if you can subscribe to threads without actually posting a reply, it may be me and I'm missing something simple ????
Top of every page...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Witterings

Post by Witterings »

JerrBear wrote:
Witterings wrote: Does anyone know if you can subscribe to threads without actually posting a reply, it may be me and I'm missing something simple ????
Top of every page...
Have found it but it's at teh bottom of my pages not the top !!!!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

JerrBear wrote: Top of every page...
Witterings wrote: Have found it but it's at the bottom of my pages not the top !!!!
Dang it, Mr. Witterings! Sorry about that. Apparently, you are using a different board style than I am. I'm using "subsilver2" and the "subscribe" icon is atta top left of every page. Please to accept my sincere apology for heading you inna wrong direction...

Anyways, glad you found it in spite of me... :P HO! HO! :P

WELCOMENESS to the Forum!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?