About me (an introduction)

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

About me (an introduction)

Post by dark2023 »

Hello, you may have seen, and possibly responded to one (or more) of my post in the switchblades board. Well I figured I should probably introduce myself here, so that I could fit into the community a bit better.

My name is Ernest Young, I go by Quint, my screen name here (and most everywhere else online) is dark2023. I live in Charlotte, NC (a non switchblade friendly state or city). I'm 18 and fairly new to the whole knife collecting scene. I have always been much better with firearms, and unlike some twerps my age I actually know my stuff and didn't learn it from video games. My father holds an FFL, and taught me a lot of what I know. I'm also probably one of the VERY FEW people my age to have ever handled fully automatic firearms (in a civilian setting), I don't just mean firing them, I also have experience working on, repairing and maintaining them (more than one too). I've had an interest in automatic blades for a few years now, since I was about 15. I just never really had much time or money to look into buying a few. Contrary to popular belief I actually do know how to use Google and consider myself to have a working knowledge of most knife mechanisms, styles, slang, etc. My first knife was a cheap Chinese lock-blade that was meant to look like a collectors piece. I still have it to this day and carry it regularly. I find that it actually suits me better than a possibly more expensive blade. Some of the faults work in it's favor (the lock is not as stiff as it could be, because of this I've learned that if the "button" is held in the right way, it can be used similar to a gravity blade). But, I got lucky with that. I don't expect it to be the same with automatic blades (considering their complexity), I know that a Milano just wont compare to a Beltrame. I have a small blade collection including (but not limited to) a beautiful anodized "ninja sword" styled machete blade, a mid-grade tai-chi sword, and a beautiful handmade, hand-painted and hand carved Boken (which isn't technically a blade), as well as a steel "fighting" razor, and an actual straight razor (which I plan on shaving with....someday). Though they all leave something to be desired in elegance and mechanical design. Anyway, enough about me. I'm happy to be here and I hope to someday have a collection on par with Bill DeShivs.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: About me (an introduction)

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS Mr. dark2023!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Welcome Quint.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
gramps

Post by gramps »

Hello Quint! :wink:
If I only knew!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'd add my welcome but, we've swapped enough PMs, we're like old friends :D
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS Mr. dark2023!
Welcome Quint.
WELCOME !!!
Hello Quint! :wink:
I'd add my welcome but, we've swapped enough PMs, we're like old friends :D
Thank you guys
I'd add my welcome but, we've swapped enough PMs, we're like old friends
yeah, you and Freethearmy
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
lars

Post by lars »

Welcome aboard!
john

Post by john »

Hello and Welcome dark2023 aka Ernest Young,
You're going to like it here this is an awesome forum and it's the,"The web's most friendly community on knives and blades."
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
panner

Post by panner »

:) :!: Welcome and enjoy your stay 8) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Howdy
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Welcome.
Glad you're here!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Welcome aboard!

Good thing you are starting early, it will take decades to amass a collection comparable to Mr. DeShives, but one can try :lol:
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6