Let me introduce myself

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blades1860

Let me introduce myself

Post by blades1860 »

Hi. I joined the forum a year ago or so but haven't posted much. Now that I have more time on my hands I hope to be a regular contributor.
I am Canadian by birth and have lived in Canada most of my life but I have travelled and even worked for Uncle Sam for a while. Guess that's why I smoke Marlboros and prefer Jim Beam over Canadian Club. Also would rather have a Bud than a Molson's. I'm a retired LEO. Live in Toronto which is located on Lake Ontario in east central Canada. Toronto has grown to a metropolis of almost 8 million people in the 45 years I have lived here. Won't bore with you about telling about my ex-wives and other guys ex-wives. Like the ladies, travel, Corvettes, dogs, horses, motorcycles (rode a Harley on the force for 7 years and was astounded every other Tuesday when they paid me for riding one. I would have done it for nothing). Happen to think the ugliest gun in the world is a Glock of any kind. Still prefer a "wheel gun". Love to have a S&W 500. Gun of choice is a S&W 357 magnum 3" barrel stainless. Carried one on the job plus a Colt .38 special Detective snubby for back up and a knife up and down. First foreign knife I ever owned is/was a Japanese stiletto I took out of my leg. Still have it and it's as good as the day I extracted it from my thigh.
My interests are good wine, knives, bad wine, knives and pulling peoples' chains. I have rather an off kilter sense of humour (yeah...we add the extra 'u' to a few words). Been having some fun with Vagrant today. Hope he's still not pissed off at me. He can give as good as he gets. I like that in a man. I kinda started off on the wrong foot here. My intentions were good but holy s@@t I was soon told what's what around here. Thanks to everybody for their comments and advice. I will try to be a team player but if I get mouthy just give it back to me. I like that. Anyway that's about all. Any questions fire away. I apologize to the people I may have pissed off in the past few days. No hard feelings. The only pet peeve I have is grammar and spelling but I will try to reign that in. I have a 15 yrs. old dgt. and she can't spell for shit. No kid can these days.
Favourite knife is the one I'm playing with at the time. I'm a cheap bastard and love clones ( or counterfeits according to Vagrant). Been to China a few times and buy most of my knives from China. So are a lot of you guys buying Chinese knives but you just don't know it.
I sell knives. Have a couple of websites and a large clientele in Canada and the US. Won't post the websites. That would be shameless commercial promotion. Cheers.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by natcherly »

So, you are a former LEO and see no problem dealing in counterfeit items? :shock: :o :roll:

My Mom, who was born in Toronto, would have loved to straighten you out.

The only thing you said that I fully agreed with was that you started off on the wrong foot. That one earns the Understatement of the Year award.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

natcherly wrote:So, you are a former LEO and see no problem dealing in counterfeit items? :shock: :o :roll:

My Mom, who was born in Toronto, would have loved to straighten you out.

The only thing you said that I fully agreed with was that you started off on the wrong foot. That one earns the Understatement of the Year award.
I was wondering where you and mom moved to. Say hello for me.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I always welcome a new member that posts here.
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Vagrant wrote:I always welcome a new member that posts here.
Thanks Vagrant. I appreciate how difficult your welcome must have been. :wink: