Greetings from Oz

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

Re: Greetings from Oz

Post by TRYKER »

yeah Al i live in that state, there now legal N.H., legal ta sell in R.I. and i'm stuck in the freakin middle :evil: :evil: :evil:
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I feel your pain :idea:
If you are ever in N.H. I'll let you carry [and use] one of mine until you have to return to The Peoples Democratic Republic :wink:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i carry legally as a member of a search and rescue team, and sell, but don't tell anyone :D :D :D
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I sold OPENLY for a decade, when the "authorities" issued me a summons, I did not roll over and play dead, I challenge the law - THEY BLINKED :wink: [half a loaf] :roll:
Less than a year later, the law was repealed 8)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i have a 12x18 case with some china stuff,that sells well, if they want the good stuff it's in the back of the van. there's not to many cops lookin around. and if i do see one they get covered.
TRYKER

larrycentaur

Post by larrycentaur »

It feels pretty strange to carry an auto knife where I'm from. I've always had knives with/on me since I was little. Always pocket kinves - manual folders, not auto. In the last six to twelve or so months we've had the media start focussing more on violent crimes - knife crime in particular. So of course the law makers get scared because we're having a federal and also a state election this year. So this means that Joe Average walking down the street with a multi tool on his belt or a folding blade in his pocket now can have it confiscated and be charged for CARRYING A CONCEALED WEAPON! You can imagine the tradies (builders, plumbers, electricians etc who use bladed tools everyday are amongst those who are not impressed with this new ruling. This is part of the reason why I jumped through the hoops that I did to get this permit. If I were caught with a knife and charged with carrying a concealed weapon then this would be the equivelent of a felony in the USA which means that I can kiss my handgun and rifle licenses goodbye - and we DON'T want that! It makes me kind of sad when I think what kind of a world Larry Jnr is going to grow up in... Luckily for him so far I have a couple of Mikovs and a Hubertus for him to play with when he's old enough so they won't be in the realm of "mythical creatures"

Cheers

Larry
john

Post by john »

Hi Larry,

I thought I already did this, but I din't, better late than never.

Welcome to TalkBlade! This is, "The web's most friendly community on knives and blades." As you already know the forum members here are a great group of blade aficionados.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. John6553,

I'm curious - Did someone appoint you "Unofficial Greeter" whilst no one was looking? Why are you running around welcoming people who have been here for months? I know you're a friendly guy, but it seems kinda weird to me...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?