new to the forum

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
scruffman

new to the forum

Post by scruffman »

good morning .I'm new to the forum so I thought I best intro myself . name is scruffman which is my dog's name.I live in the northern part of the usa.I've just started trying to build my own knifes,but have saved just about every knife I've owned My 2 favs are an imperial pen knife switchblade that I got in pcs. which I'm slowly trying to restore as I learn more about knifes the other is SS made by Bristol mfg. w/tang stamped Germany,its another penknife the scales are in good shape but blades and file are worn from use 4th blade is gone.Also I have a wife and 4adult children who must be saints because they can put up with me, Well I need more coffee as its a bit early for my brain to be functioning and I'd like to check out the rest of the site,also my main interest is in folders,cause I've had experience with engraving,casting various metals,lapidary work[as a hobby],stone setting,and working with gold and silver because of working the jewelry industry for a# of years.Also I'm not usually this wordy but this is my debut after all ...see you when the wind shifts Scruffman P.S I hope I can offer something positive to you all in the future thanks
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: new to the forum

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome to the foruum :)
Pics of your projects [before and after] are always appreciated :idea:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. Scruffman!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Howdy.
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

Welcome to the forum! As Vagrant said, pictures of projects (or dogs whos nmes are being used, hint hint) are always welcome!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

tryker
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Hello!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome Scruffman. Hope you enjoy your stay.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
lars

Post by lars »

WELCOME ABOARD! :)
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

The members here are the best, you'll be happy to hang around these guys. Welcome!
scruffman

Re: thanks for the welcome

Post by scruffman »

Good morning. This is sruffman 1st want to say sorry for not responding sooner but have had a few problems at my house,my hot water heater decided to die the other day and when repair man showed gave me good news that they don't make mine anymore and parts are not available any more, wife seems to object to bathing in cold well water or heating it on wood stove. Oh well it'll be spring soon and rain water is warm.Any way I would like to thank - Vagrant,JerrBear,Jac,ThatOneGuy,Tryker,WhipperSnapper,Razor,Lars andFurcs for the welcome.I will send some pics.of scruffman and some projects I've been working on (not my h.w. heater)Just bear w/me I'm still trying to find my way around site.Hope that I'll Be able to contribute something positive not just a bunch of long winded responses Scruffman
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome!

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

Hello and WELCOME!