Duckboy,s Question

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
duckboy

Duckboy,s Question

Post by duckboy »

I Would Like To Know How You Guy,s Get Such Good Pictures Of Your Knives ? I Mean Tang Stamps / Blade Etch ? What Kind Of Camera ?. I Have A Wally World Special And I Find It Lacking . Can Get Clear Pictures Of Knives But Anything Up Close Is Blurry . Mega Pixels ? Focus ? Magnifying Glass ? Duckboy !
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Duckboy,s Question

Post by JerrBear »

Nick Wagner takes GREAT pictures. Maybe he can help?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Usually there is a "macro" setting for taking close up shots. On my cheapie camera it has an idiot button with a symbol of a mountain and a flower. Mountain= faraway type pics...Flower= close-ups. Sometimes the instruction booklet is helpful :idea:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

whippersnapper wrote:Usually there is a "macro" setting for taking close up shots. On my cheapie camera it has an idiot button with a symbol of a mountain and a flower. Mountain= faraway type pics...Flower= close-ups. Sometimes the instruction booklet is helpful :idea:
Agreed is it has it [macro] - find it, it can halp a lot :idea:
Plus, getting the light just right and using some sort of rest [tripod/cane/beer can] helps a lot :idea:
Also take LOTS of pics and "cherry pick" the good ones :wink:
And, sometimes you're just lucky :lol:
This pic of a Trout [in the middle of a leap was taken with a a keychain camera at a "whopping" 1.3 mp :lol:
duckboy

Post by duckboy »

Thank You ... Marco Button ? I Am A Idiot I Recon When It Comes To Cameras . I Have No Retention When It Comes To Reading . " The Manual " I Hope I Can Do Some Good With This Info . Thank You Guy,s .... I AM DUCKBOY I LOVE SWITCHBLADES !
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

For knife pictures, a lightbox seems to be the secret.

Jim
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi Duckboy i have used a sony cyber shot dsc-s75 digital 3.3 megapixel camera for the last 6 years and it produces awesome pictures but all my pics i take are outside , i use the lowest flash setting, plus the outside setting , and take pics in early part of day with lots of light, the camera has a 6x digital zoom so close up or far away pics turn out great but for some odd reason no matter what setting i use (inside, outside, auto, etc) i cannot get good pics of knives inside like i do out side, if you had a garden window or window with lots of natural light coming through it should produce good pics also but not like taking them outside is best. hope this helps :D
Thanks Bernie
Desktop

Post by Desktop »

duckboy wrote:I Would Like To Know How You Guy,s Get Such Good Pictures Of Your Knives ? I Mean Tang Stamps / Blade Etch ? What Kind Of Camera ?. I Have A Wally World Special And I Find It Lacking . Can Get Clear Pictures Of Knives But Anything Up Close Is Blurry . Mega Pixels ? Focus ? Magnifying Glass ? Duckboy !
Here you go, duckie!
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... op#p184413