A couple of new DueBuoi Forged Stilettos

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

A couple of new DueBuoi Forged Stilettos

Post by arthas »

Hello!

A new handle stylee is available for DueBuoi Forged and Thorn Stilettos. It's the nice & sweet the Buffalo Honey Horn:

You can see the full product sheet (and maybe buy one ;-)) here:

http://www.duebuoi.it/bin/x.cgi/uk_usd/ ... -honeybuf/ (Forged)
http://www.duebuoi.it/bin/x.cgi/uk_usd/ ... -honeybuf/ (Forged Thorn)

M.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: A couple of new DueBuoi Forged Stilettos

Post by Vagrant »

:D 8) :!:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

At $290 & $280 buck dollars (respectively) there is a 28 day waiting period due to "high demand" Yeah, RIGHT! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

JerrBear wrote:At $290 & $280 buck dollars (respectively) there is a 28 day waiting period due to "high demand" Yeah, RIGHT! :P
Well, you know, these are still produced in very small quantities... :-)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

arthas wrote: Well, you know, these are still produced in very small quantities... :-)
I know, Mr. Arthas. I was just messing with you account of the "hype." :P
JerrBear
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

IF, our government returned to the "Gold Standard", the dollar vs Euro disadvantage would REVERSE OVERNIGHT :idea: :!:
[and our economy would be "fixed" equally fast] :!:
Euroland has NO worries, that will never happen :roll:
WE have NO hope :x :( [elections are meaningless in comparison] :idea:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I met one of the Maniago artisans who makes the Due Buoi stilettos at the Atlanta show. He was a true gentleman and I was honored to meet him and have some time to talk with him. He was very informative and I was quite impressed.

My experience with the American who is involved with Due Buoi marketing in America was quite different. I mentioned that I had a first run Due Buoi stiletto that I obtained through talkblade and our host Michele. When I mentioned talkblade he became angry and began criticising talkblade and its members for posting concerns about the knives they received. It was at that point that I ended the conversation with him and introduced myself to the gentleman from Italy. I believe that Mr. fastr19 also had a great conversation with the Italian artisan, only to learn that the American was making inappropriate comments to his wife. Next year I'll stick to talking to the gentleman who actually makes the knives, as he is the one that I want to speak with anyway!

I have two Due Buoi stilettos and really like them both.

Jim
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

My mos' humble (and worthless) opinion of Due Buoi's American Rep. is that he is a "Shucker & Jiver!"
JerrBear
redeye

Post by redeye »

i met fastr19 s missus and she was a lady beyond reproach and if i had heard the jerk making inappropriate comments to her i woulda kicked his ass. we dont play that crap in our circle right guys? next year i will just have to introduce myself to said jerk and maybe teach him some manners Bradford county florida style.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

redeye wrote:i met fastr19 s missus and she was a lady beyond reproach and if i had heard the jerk making inappropriate comments to her i woulda kicked his ass. we dont play that crap in our circle right guys? next year i will just have to introduce myself to said jerk and maybe teach him some manners Bradford county florida style.
As we used to say in Louisiana - "Beats me Officer, the 'gators must have got him" :wink:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

If I recall Allen's words correctly, it wasn't anything obscene, but he was flirting with her. The relevant point is that when marketing a product for someone, it is considered poor form to flirt with a potential customers wife.

Jim
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

jim d, wrote:If I recall Allen's words correctly, it wasn't anything obscene, but he was flirting with her. The relevant point is that when marketing a product for someone, it is considered poor form to flirt with a potential customers wife.

Jim
JIm and members, that is more in line with how it went. I got to talking with the Due Buoi artisan since I also own 2 of these knives and was going to buy a Tiny's knife.( I sure wish I could remember this gentleman's name as he was one of the nicest guys I have ever met and had the neatest accent). To back track... when we approached the booth the Florida person began speaking with us...very unimpressive. He knew nothing about talkblade or arthas and acted like I knew not what I was saying. He seemed to know very little about the product. I got lucky and mr. artisan caught our conversation. We then began a lengthy conversation and unfortunately my wife continued to have her ear bent by Mr. Florida. I caught a few bits of his line and it was really kind of funny. He was more annoying for knowing so little about his product than the mild flirtation with my wife. She was probably even a little flattered.
I sure am sorry I can't remember either of the names but mr. artisan spoke very highly of arthas.
Allen
redeye

Post by redeye »

woo hoo allen dont care if we flirt with his wife. as long as we know what we are talking about lol lol just kidding allen
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Shoot no...Keep her happy so I can buy more goodies. :D
redeye

Post by redeye »

thats the spirit allen lol keeper happy so you can buy snappy .