Duh...I figured it out

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
El Gringo

Duh...I figured it out

Post by El Gringo »

Better late than never. :oops: I ran into this site while browsing around lookin at auto knives on the web...I also have been frequenting a forum on 1911 handguns. So one day I thought...gee I wonder if theres such an animal as forums on switchblades?? Thats how I discovered this place and have been reading posts constantly for a couple weeks...even at work on my lunch break. The other fellas at work thought (think) this is a bit strange...ooohh he's wierd, he's looking and reading about knives! That dont matter...I'm not on this earth to 'be like everyone else'. Anyhow theyre good fellas and I'm sure they'll come around one day. :D
I live south of Pittsburgh Pa. Grew up next to a cow woods and spent most 'off time' walking and exploring the hills behind my parents house. I'm 42, live about 10 miles from where I grew up. Got a wonderful (read-understanding) wife, and a great little boy thats 6 yrs old. Still have to go to moms on the weekends to cut her grass...so I have two lawns to maintain...whens that boy gonna be old enough to cut grass? :lol:
I've only had a computer for little over a year now, so I'm not all that savy yet. But I know that this is a cool place to pick up some info, and if I can contribute any insite I will. Hope to have some fun times here!
Thats all for now. Sorry if a little long winded!

Bob.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Re: Duh...I figured it out

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome!

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

welcome

tryker
Radius

Post by Radius »

Welcome Bob !!
Nice to have you here.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Glad to have you El Gringo. My daughter graduated from Pitt, so I've made a LOT of trips down the turnpike from IN. Seen some wild weather and crazy wrecks. Beautiful country out your way. Pittsburgh is an amazing city. Except for when I got lost and had to ask a drunk for directions. No idea where I was and damn sure wouldn't have stopped and asked this stroke for directions if I knew he was wasted. LOL And that other time I wanted a 6 pack and found out you couldn't buy one at a liquor store??? I ended up buying a case, cases and kegs is all they sold and gave ANOTHER drunk a can just to get him to leave me alone. OK, the place has character(s?) I'll say that.
Mike
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Thanaks all !!
Vanagas, was that some time in the the 80"s ??...I think that may have been me givin ya directions! :P
Yes things are different here..if ya want a 6 pack go to a bar. If ya want a case, go to a distributor. If ya want hard drink or wine ya gotta go to the state store! I can remember living in manassas Va and getting 12 packs at the 7-11 for $ 8.00 , and cases of beer in the grocery store...not here brother. What happens in Pennsylvania...could only happen in Pennsylvania! :)