Greetings Fellow Knife Nuts!

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
KnifeTheMack

Greetings Fellow Knife Nuts!

Post by KnifeTheMack »

Hey All,
Just dropped right in as a noob talkblade member yesterday, no lurking, jus dove right in. Almost like the way I've just recently got the urge to start collecting automatics, and just dove right into it. No building up to it over a period of time, until realizing, 'hey, I'm a collector!'. Well, maybe just a little touch of that, since as a kid, I'd always loved knives, especially autos, though, they were an all too rare treat for the young boy I was then, and I certainly didn't collect or save any, as they went faster than they came. Any way, I've grown up appreciating all tech things quality engineered & built, and running across some of these Microtech and Protech autos available really gave me something to appreciate, with workmanship & materials that weren't even possible 'back in the day'. I love 'em, they're like a fine custom billet part off my hog, only these I can carry in my pocket! I picked up a few, and now I keep seeing more and more that I like and want! In fact, I just got a Godfather Tuxedo Gold today--Beautiful!
Well, that's my excuse on why and how I got here on this forum, and I expect & hope I'll be learning a lot from most of you who have been at this for quite a while now. Plus, I'll be able to blame you too, if I start spending too much scratch on these things, instead of taking all the weight myself! ;>)
Yell at you all later...
P.S. If in the future I don't respond to anyone in a timely manner, it's not 'cause I'm ignorant (Though, I can be if the hand calls for it!), it's just that I travel quite a bit, and don't always have access to a PC. Just wanted to tip you off on that in advance.
...KnifeTheMack

"I would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven." Milton
whippersnapper

Re: Greetings Fellow Knife Nuts!

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard!
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Welcome fellow Nuttybuddy.
Mike
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. KnifeTheMack!
KnifeTheMack wrote: I just got a Godfather Tuxedo Gold today--Beautiful!
Can you please to post pics? I am seriously considering giving the U.S. economy a swift kick inna britches by investing my "Economic Stimulus Check" from my 'Unca George' inna GF & GS Tuxedo (Buy AMERICAN! :P). I am not familiar with the "Gold" model, but I strongly suspect I could be lovin' it WTMT (Way Too Many Times).
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Welcome...I joined just a bit before you !!!!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

welcome!!!

tryker
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome!

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Howdy ,welcome to the forum.
--J

Post by --J »

-----
Last edited by --J on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KnifeTheMack

Post by KnifeTheMack »

Wow, lot's of friendly folk here! --J, I am just starting out on the knife collection, I mean like only a week or two, as it's the knowledge in order to get a good start, which brought me to this forum. I figure if I'm gonna start, then, I might as well start with guidance from the best, most experienced people there are, and that's all of you! As for the "Godfather Tuxedo Gold", it's a regular Tuxedo with a 1/10 ounce American Gold Eagle coin (1998) inlaid in the white micarta scale. You can see it where I just bought it at: http://pvk.com/protech/
That is the exact knife I have, the one in the photo, with the "#18 of 20" on it. I believe he has #19 left, and it's gone up $20. since last week, when I ordered it. I figured the gold value alone is close to $100., and the coin value even more, making it a pretty good deal, as minus that, it's the average price of a regular Godfather. Most importantly, I like the Tuxedo model, and I collect some coins too, so I jumped on it. It's a real nice piece. If you've got an itch for one JerrBear, better jump on that last one quick, as it's the only place I've seen one.
Collector value is fine, but I'll only buy something I like, not because of any collector value alone, but if it's got both, so much the better, right?!
Ah, I do have a photo of my "Hog", taken last Summer, but I haven't changed anything on the bike since, so it looks the same. In fact, I just detailed it yesterday, and I'm ready to rock 'n' roll for the season!
Thanks for the great welcome, and I hope to scream at you all again soon. Oh yeah, I've got my eye on a Microtech Makora "Fire Ant" too, with the dual glass breakers, for my next purchase...it's lookin' really sweet & I MUST have one!
...KnifeTheMack

--J

Post by --J »

Hey Mr. Mack,
Just hit the link to your recent aquisition, that's real nice, I'm a little more oriented to the classics, especially levers, but I would love to have one of those, I love that Godson with the Ironwood and the custom button... 8)
KnifeTheMack

Post by KnifeTheMack »

--J, Great taste! That ironwood Godson model has a great classic look, very clean. I love it. Nice touch too, that mosaic button... So many beauties, so little $$$ :cry:
...KnifeTheMack