HEADLINE...Talkblade Lurker turns himself in!!!!

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Contrabandit

HEADLINE...Talkblade Lurker turns himself in!!!!

Post by Contrabandit »

First I'd like to say hello to all of the esteemed and wise patrons of this site....Knowledge is indeed power.
My name is Matt, I'm from Maine, which by the way is not a part of Canada! some of you may have seen me, I've been lurking around the site under the name RogerWilco. I discovered T.B. on your classic cold and stormy night while hovering over my monitor for heat. I was in the process of "Crafting" a Switch from one of my several folders..Just for someting to do, to pass some time. After choosing an appropriate victim (an older Boy Scout knife) with only one useful blade that had been relegated to my toolbox, I began the disassembly process, removed the extra spring and began trying to fabricate a unique project knife...needless to say after breaking the extra spring I put the knife back together with some leather scales I cut from an old belt...Now it's a great EDC with lots of character. The knife that has managed to save itself from the toolbox is a miracle knife indeed..
Still I had no Switch and the project is now kind of in limbo.
Anyway....Where there is a will there is a way...so I took the advice of some of the Talkblade regulars and ordered myself a Due Buoi "Thorn". I find the button open/close mechanism to be both efficient and innovative and I felt that this knife would surely satisfy my need for an automatic knife that looks good and works....
Mr. Jerrbear, you don't know me but I have been following your "Thorn" thread since it began. You had ordered yours only 5-10 days before me..and when you got yours I knew mine would be on the way soon...After about 6-weeks to the day..(Sound familiar??) it finally arrived. Though the USPS shipped it from Florida, to Boston, back to Florida, and then finally to Maine, now there's our tax dollars at work!!!! When it arrived I had my quality senses on high alert. Good News is my knife had none of the limp snap that you spoke of and is in my opinion everything a high end switch should be. Definately a "Tank" Not your typical EDC but an excellent addition to Anybody's collection.. To make a very long story a bit shorter.. Mr. Jerrbear our knives are brothers.

"Due Buoi Italy"
"Thorn 16 of 200 2007"

Bayonet Blade
Stag Scales
Steel Bolsters etc..

I also picked up the display box which when combined with the knife really makes the whole package "POP"...I highly suggest this item as well for anyone who doesn't already have a "proper" way to store and display this beautiful item....
Now all that being said I feel I am now qualified to participate in this group and as an actual member of the community of Auto Lover's..I have changed my username to Contrabandit which seems fitting and am now seeking financing on my next aquisition...
A Leverlock...That's a whole 'nother story...until later....good luck and happy switching.

The Contrabandit~
Me thinks there is a fungus among us...
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Re: HEADLINE...Talkblade Lurker turns himself in!!!!

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
--J

Post by --J »

------
Last edited by --J on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Welcome to the forum. there are quite a few east coasters here. Mass ,New Hampshire , and now a genuine Mainiac. :lol: lots of good people from all over the world as well. look forward to seeing pics and reading posts from ya.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. Contrabandit!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Welcome sir.
Mike
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

welcome aboard, what part of maine ya from i plan on movin up in a few years to parkman, i've hunted there for over 20 years and luv the area. even if i am barred from the wagon wheel.

tryker
Contrabandit

Post by Contrabandit »

TRYKER wrote:welcome aboard, what part of maine ya from i plan on movin up in a few years to parkman, i've hunted there for over 20 years and luv the area. even if i am barred from the wagon wheel.

tryker
Tryker,
I'm From a small place called Winthrop, I'm sure you'll see a sign for it on your way through oh around about Augusta....Look for it next fall on your way to Newport??? I would guess is where you head into the wild..LOL...Personally I've never been there but that's probably a prime spot to bag a good one...The Milo area is notorious on many levels, and not just for hiding the big deer ya know what I mean Green?.... :twisted:

C~
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

ahhhhhyup, i get off in newport and head west, man that place has built up over the years.

tryker
Contrabandit

Post by Contrabandit »

Tryker,

I forgot to tell you that unless you want to have all your life savings sucked away via the great vacuum of Maine's tax system....I'd think twice about actually moving here...It's the best place in the world, but It's tough to get ahead no matter what you do to bring home the bacon, the state gets the bulk...sales tax (5%)...cigarette tax....snack food tax......business equipment tax.....gas tax.....property tax...income tax....and the state still claims it's broke. Not to mention heating fuel costs....and the fact that Maine's citizens are the most highly taxed of any other state in the U.S....Around here you have to pay a fee to the state before you take a crap...LOL

To me northern N.H. keeps looking better and better all the time.....I'm a bit jaded right now due to lack of employment options at this time of year...and things are tighter then ever.

Bandit
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

well i live in mass so i know about taxes, and i don't work i'm on disability. just goin to retire in the woods some place.

tryker
Contrabandit

Post by Contrabandit »

tryker,

Forget my above comments. Maine truly is a beautiful place and I wouldn't leave if I had to, not to be a hippocrite about my above rant....Maine is really a great place to live and raise kids due to it's very diverse terrain and shorelines, there's always something to do outdoors and it's easy to take Maine's natural beauty for granted when you are used to it...I guess I should say I am among one of the lucky one's to have grown up out here in the 'Sticks'....
Move on up, there's plenty of room for everyone!!!

CB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Contrabandit wrote: sales tax...income tax....

Bandit
What are those ???????????
:wink:
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Vagrant wrote:
Contrabandit wrote: sales tax...income tax....

Bandit
What are those ???????????
:wink:
:lol: kinda like the corner package store , something you won't find in N.H.