Satellite View and Map of Maniago cutlery places

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
javacupper

Re: Satellite View and Map of Maniago cutlery places

Post by javacupper »

Maniago is about 650 km from Rome. I'm sure that you could probably find a couple of knife shops in Rome.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

No joke there. Maybe reroute some flights a little or settle for Rome. Wow It looks a few hundred K closer when it's a map. Arent there any closer shipping ports to Maniago or nearby? Do you have a good vendor in Venice? Thanks for the talkblade.info adress. :)
Leverlock switchblades
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

8) :!:

we are all spys now.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
john

Post by john »

Buon giorno,
The satellite view is a great idea. I liked being able to see where everything is located in Italy. My daughter is going to spend a semester in Parma in the spring of 2011. My family and I are planning to visit her for her 21st birthday and celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary both are in May. We'll probably go to Venezia, but I don't think I'll make it to Maniago where the best knives in the world are made. While I'm in Italy I plan on buying a few knives and ship them home. On my next trip to Italy (after the one in May 2011) will be to Sicilia where my family is from. Well I went off topic. I can't wait to go; I love Italy. I'd like to retire there. I felt a connection to the country, to the people, to the history, I felt at home. Arthas thank you for putting it together.
Ciao,
John6553
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
novice

Post by novice »

I traveled to the Marche region of Italy many times on business. The cluster aspect of Italian industry is typical there too. In Marche it is music & audio electronics (keyboards, speakers, amplifiers, etc.) and all the small industries around support that. People start at one company, learn the business and learn the suppliers. Then, they may go off and start their own business using parts identical to other companies. As they grow, they may produce their own unique models with newly tooled parts. Sometimes the parts suppliers will tool pieces for free, retain ownership of the tools, and then sell the new parts to the other competitors. When companies go out of business, another company often buys up what's left. They may even continue to build the exact models, sometimes even under the original (out of business) company name. Many of these companies are ~10 people or even less. It seems crazy but it seems to work. If you've never been, Italy will not disappoint. The people are great, the country is staggeringly beautiful, and the food; oh, the food!

:D