Hello, and thanks for a great site.

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
xlr8

Hello, and thanks for a great site.

Post by xlr8 »

Hi folks,

I'm new to your site, but not exactly new to the world of fine cutlery...okay, I lied!! After reading through here I have come to the conclusion that I'm a noob. :roll: Been messing around with knives since I was about 6 yrs. old. This site has helped to to make a recent purchase decision, and boy am I glad I found this before I bought!! I wanted one of those "unobtanium" blades so badly...well, you all probly know how it is. Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone here for inadvertently saving my hide on that deal. :D I did find it strange however that every single one of those "unobtanium" pieces are out of stock. Not just the extra special ones, but ALL of those pieces. Oh, and their forum, which I recently joined, is now apparently defunct. It all makes so much sence now. 8)

Thanks again,

xlr8
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
jim d,

Re: Hello, and thanks for a great site.

Post by jim d, »

Welcome xlr8, and our good ones list might be of use to you if you are looking to obtain the unobtanium.

Jim
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

Actually, switchbladeknifeshop.com had exacly what I was looking for. Should be here in a few days, so I'll post pics when it arrives. Supposed to be an 11" snakewood dagger blade. I can also vouch for this fella Stu that you folks seem to be so fond of. I recieved an 11" dark horn from him a couple of weeks ago, no problems at all. :D
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard xlr8! Glad you didn't get burned by that now defunct and hopefully gone for ever web robber.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Welcome aboard.
butch

Post by butch »

I answered 3 of your posts and just now saying welcome :lol: oh well,glad to have ya. :D
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

Welcome!! :)
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
switchbladeknifeshop

Post by switchbladeknifeshop »

Hello, I was the the previous owner of switchbladeknifeshop.com
Thanks for all the good talk about us. I've been thinking of opening shop again. Who is for that? I want to hear from you.
switchbladeknifeshop

xlr8 wrote:Actually, switchbladeknifeshop.com had exacly what I was looking for. Should be here in a few days, so I'll post pics when it arrives. Supposed to be an 11" snakewood dagger blade. I can also vouch for this fella Stu that you folks seem to be so fond of. I recieved an 11" dark horn from him a couple of weeks ago, no problems at all. :D
Thank you
switchbladeknifeshop

whippersnapper wrote:Welcome aboard xlr8! Glad you didn't get burned by that now defunct and hopefully gone for ever web robber.
Now that is harsh man. Uncalled for
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Welcome to Talkblade xlr8. Stick around, there's plenty of trustworthy great folks here, unbelievable knife knowledge and all around mayhem :twisted:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

daddyloko wrote:Welcome to Talkblade xlr8. Stick around, there's plenty of trustworthy great folks here, unbelievable knife knowledge and all around mayhem :twisted:
Mr. daddyloco,

This thread is more than THREE years olde. Mr. xlr8 hasn't posted anything in more than THREE years... :roll:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Well, dang, somebody refreshed it!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

JerrBear wrote:
daddyloko wrote:Welcome to Talkblade xlr8. Stick around, there's plenty of trustworthy great folks here, unbelievable knife knowledge and all around mayhem :twisted:
Mr. daddyloco,

This thread is more than THREE years olde. Mr. xlr8 hasn't posted anything in more than THREE years... :roll:
Actually the thread was started in 2007...how time flys :idea:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

JerrBear wrote: Mr. daddyloco,
Whippersnapper wrote: Actually the thread was started in 2007...how time flys :idea:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Well, 2007 IS more than THREE YEARS ago...
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?