Rizzuto Estileto Milanos FOR SALE

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jlydon

Rizzuto Estileto Milanos FOR SALE

Post by jlydon »

OK, for all you West Side Story fans, I just found two of these suckers in the back of the safe. I've had them for who knows how long.

There's a large, and a medium. Both are in GREAT condition considering their age.

$125 for the large
$100 for the medium
Take both for $200 shipped!!!

The large has some pitting on top rear blade with a few MINOR hair-line cracks in the handle. Sits deep/locks up perfectly, and the safety works.

The small is really close to perfect, but somehow it's missing the bail on the end - it sits a bit proud when closed.

Shipping is $8 each.
PayPal OK with no fees...

Email any questions, or for more photos.

Thanks!
J
DSC03157.JPG
DSC03157.JPG (141.98 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
Last edited by jlydon on Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Rizzuto Estileto Milanos FOR SALE

Post by Vagrant »

The prices asked for Oriental curiosities amazes me. But they often get prices that astonish me :lol:
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

one has a crack and pitting ,and the other peaks.
Not exactly 'near perfect ' , photos would help but I think the prices are extremely high.
jlydon

Post by jlydon »

C'mon guys, these things were going for $150 back on BladeAuction 10+ years ago. My descriptions sound horrible. Send me an email, and I will show you the photos - you'll see they are quite nice. Actually the med. one has the best blade I've ever seen on one. At one time, I had a dozen of these in various conditions, and I kept these two as they were the best I had seen. I've been playing with these since I was like 11 years old. Sure the quality sucks, but they're fun... :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jlydon wrote:C'mon guys, these things were going for $150 back on BladeAuction 10+ years ago.
:?: :?: :?:
jlydon

Post by jlydon »

You don't remember Bladeauction.com from way back when :?: :?: :?:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I don't ever remember a Rizzy [with cracks and a peeking blade] getting $150 back then :!:
If I'm wrong, one of the members will post a correction [it never fails] :wink:
jlydon

Post by jlydon »

There was a guy named TonyTheCollector who used to buy them all at that price and higher. When Paul (Burn knives) sold his Rizzuto collection, they went for that much as well. There are no real noticable flaws except a few small hair-line cracks, but I cannot post pics here for some reason...Jeez... :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jlydon wrote:There was a guy named TonyTheCollector who used to buy them all at that price and higher. When Paul (Burn knives) sold his Rizzuto collection, they went for that much as well. There are no real noticable flaws except a few small hair-line cracks, but I cannot post pics here for some reason...Jeez... :roll:
So far you're the only one to correct me :idea:
I know they are getting more than a japorean curiosity is worth but not with a blade sticking up, missing part, and cracks :!:
We'll see if anyone here springs for them at the price asked :idea:
When I first started with this forum there were a couple times someone asked where to get one and another member sent him one for free :wink:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I can't help but wonder what Rizzuto's that passed through the collection of Paul looked like when they left. They may well have been worth a lot more than normal if Paul "touched them up a bit".

Jim
jlydon

Post by jlydon »

They were just regular ones that he had (for how long I don't know), but they certainly weren't modified in any way... :o
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The thrill is gone. Ten years ago, internet switchblade buying was new and people not able to buy the knives before were crazy spenders.

The market for most all antique switchblades are down. Even the guys that are trying to sell the Latamas and Coricamas aren't getting anywhere near the return they thought. Sorry if you are in the same boat. Like I said on the other forum, I don't think your going to get anywhere near what your asking. But, I could be wrong.
jlydon

Post by jlydon »

Man, I hear you.. I've seen people taking a beating on customs that would have sold for nearly 3x the price a year ago. It put these up for fun, not out of the need for money.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I "lifted" this from another board on this forum :wink:
"Re: new knives from pvk
by JerrBear on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:36 pm
My suggestion is STICK WITH STU!
Not only does he have better prices than PVK (Who doesn't?), but his customer service is extraordinary! He answers emails promptly and should you ever have to return anything he will send you a postage paid envelope to do it!

$75 buck dollars for a Rizutto? Can you spell H.O.S.E.?
JerrBear

Have you hugged a Bear today?"
doobie57z

Post by doobie57z »

that rizzuto took two thumbs to fire it was so stiff and it had a big dent in the bolster. pvk said "sorry it sucks, it was the last one". i spent $8.28 to ship it back,pvk kept $6.95 and refunded the balance. i lost $15.23 because they made a decision to send me inoperable, damaged merchandise. i got their link off the good ones list. buyer beware. :(