trades vs. sales?

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mikem

trades vs. sales?

Post by mikem »

hi,

i have a bottle opener kerhsaw talon that i want to turn into an air rifle through a trade, no cash changing hands.

can i post details here or is this verboten.

thanks,

mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have no problem with inclding trades in this section. If that's not right, I'm sure someone will give their opinion.
[I'm positive a trade is more logical than the effort/time/expense it would take to convert the knife into an air rifle :wink: ]
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Obviously someone did NOT agree with me :lol:
mikem

kershaw talon bottle opener

Post by mikem »

Hey guys,

NIB Kershaw Talon with bottle opener blade, sometimes referred to as the "Southern Comfort." Some of you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.donrearic.com/southerncomfort.html

At one time this knife made a trip back home to the Kershaw factory to have the pikal blade installed. This model originally came with a thumbstud as did all the G-10 handled Talons.

Blade is stamped 1421 Oregon USA.

G-10 scales are perfect for this knife should it become, um, er wet. Think about it.

Nary a blemish or a scratch. It's perfect, just like the day it went to the factory and just like the day it came back. It's never been carried. It is absolutely pristine, flawless.

Finding one in this condition will be next to impossible or maybe even totally impossible.

Looking for someone with an excellent quality air rifle to trade with.

Want a .22 springer with mucho power in same, or close to same condition as this knife. Anyone have a scoped RWS 48 gathering dust?

If you have a high quality springer .22 air rifle, please respond here with your email activated so we can talk.

Thanks,

Mick
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Am I missing something :? :? :?:
I can't find a price on the Talon but a RWS-48 sells for $300+ :idea:
mikem

Post by mikem »

vagrant,

no, you're not missing something. i figured if someone had a good quality air rifle, doesn't have to be RWS by the way. we could get in contact and talk (email) about making a deal.

i know this is not a $300+ knife, but it's not a $100 knife either.

the reason you can't find a price is because they are so scarce. i too did a search for a talon in this configuration to try to deternine a value.

i could find "mentions" of them but finding one for sale or trade was fruitless. mine is the only NIB bottle opener available at this time as far as i can see. i couldn't even find a used one for sale anywhere on the internet. and the internet is a pretty big place.

mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Rarity is a plus, your best bet is to find someone who just moved from a suburban location to a rural one and now can use a .22 for former air rifle jobs :idea:
The model 48/52 is a really nice gun, my 52 frequently goes supersonic and "cracks" just like a .22 :wink: My chronograph confirmed this at 1159, 1157, 1162, fps for 3 shots :!: [My last 3 rounds of a long discontiued pellet :( ]
Milu

Post by Milu »

A similar mod is often completed on Spydercos to facilitate opening on the draw. I saw this reference on another forum which talks about the Talon. Not for me but very nice.

http://www.donrearic.com/southerncomfort.html
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
mikem

Post by mikem »

talon has a new home.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Do you hve a new airgun ??????
mikem

Post by mikem »

vagrant,

yeah, i sent the knife and some cash and got a real nice bsa lightning xl.

mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8) :D